Chapter 2 - Let the flames ignite

I woke up to yelling. Lots of yelling. And the smell of... smoke?! I stood up ignoring my sore neck and opened the door. Smoke filled the room and doctors were running around frantically getting the patients outside.

"Grey! Oh God Grey!" Miranda Bailey ran over to me. "I... I thought... never mind. Go get patients! Top ones first! There is a fire!"

I looked at her shocked before running to the stair well and going up as fast as I could. People we carefully pushing the gurneys down the stairs. Not wanting to go to the elevator. I passed Owen and Christina taking a mother holding twin babies down, the father holding a toddler running beside them.

"Grey there is only one more patient upstairs! Can you get her?" Own asked me.

"On it!" I called back running faster.

The higher I ran the more smoke entered my lungs. I started wheezing and trying to keep running as the smokey air filled my lungs.

I reached the top floor and ran into the farthest room. A woman who looked very familiar was sitting up in bed. Not looking too worried. "Ok. My name is doctor Grey and I am going to take you somewhere safe."

"Oh we know who you are doctor Grey." She spat.

Before I could ask about the we part I felt a sharp tug at my hair sending me flying backwards. I heard a crack and felt blood under my hair. I try to scream but find a hand covering my mouth. Adrenaline started pumping through my body and I started kicking out. The cool circular metal of a gun barrel pressed against my forehead make me stop moving and look up. Mr. Williamson standing above me. A evil glint in his cold eyes.

I tried to scream again but I was cut off when he sat on me and pulled out a knife making a deep cut down my arm. I struggled and started to scream. But his wife came over to me and started kicking me in the head. Eventually my world turned black.

----------------------------------------------
Callie's POV

"Arizona!" I cried running into a patient room.
"Arizona!" I called through the smoke. Suddenly I heard a weak cry. Arizona was on the ground with second degree burns up her arm and entire right side. Lexie Grey was beside her wrapping her in gauze. Seeming unaware of my presence.

"Lexie?" I asked not wanting to scare her.

"Callie! Oh thank god! We have to get her out of here." Lexie cried looking at me her eyes full of unshed tears. As she stood up I caught sight of her and left arm. It was covered in third degree burns and Lexie looked like she was having a hard time moving it.

Not wanting to stay here any longer I made a mental note to remember to help Lexie wrap that up then I said to her. "Help me take Arizona out of here."

As we started making our way towards the stair well we heard a scream. It was most definitely Izzie.

"George! No! Someone help!"

----------------------------------------------
Derek's POV

As I pulled into the hospital with Rose we were both too stunned to speak. The entire hospital was engulfed in flames.

"Bailey!" I cried running over to the short resident. "Bailey what happened?"

"I... I don't, where's Izzy and Grey and Yang and George and Kraev?"

"Derek!" I looked over to see the chief coming over.

"Chef what happened?" I asked him frantically looking around for that familiar honey blonde hair and beautiful smile.

"The firemen say it's a man made fire and either a patient or a doctor must have started it." Then he looked at Miranda who was still looking around for her interns. "Bailey. Where are your interns?" He asked her.

"Chief I, I think they are all still inside..."
Cliff hanger... so what do you think will happen to George and Meredith?!?!? Also I will be updating once a week maybe more if I can!