"What did he say?" you lifted an eyebrow.

"He says zhat I'm a very lonely man."

Everyone in the room burst out laughing, even the unfeeling Spy actually spared a little smirk.

"Listen to your bird! Now come with us."

The German crossed his arms and groaned, "Fine, vhatever."

You beamed, going over to him and handing one of the blue envelopes you've been keeping under your grip since you entered the room. You followed by saying, that it was a permit of vacation, or at least that's what Ms. Pauling said it was.

Unbeknownst to you, a set of sharp eyes kept their focus on your roaming form, undistracted just like the topnotch hunter he trained himself to be. He gazed at your smile, your eyes, the vibrance in your voice and skin. Gosh, you were beautiful.

He loved the way your body tenses when you talk about the things that excite you, or how your luscious lips would jut out into a pout when nothing went your way. He wanted to hear you laugh time and time again, but recently he's had the want to hear you laugh for him: his jokes, his antics, his stories.

He wanted to make to make you happy.

"Sniper?" came a voice from above him.

The kiwi became painfully aware of his sprawled body sitting on the sofa; his legs opened as wide as his pants would let him. Add in his slouched posture, and he was certain he wasn't really making a good impression on you. He must have looked like a dingus!

"Sniper!" You waved the only envelope friskily an inch from his face. "You kind of zoned out there, buddy."

The crisp noise of the paper pulled him out of his trance. "H-Huh? Oh, is that for me?"

"The last one left." You nodded. "I hope you're all set on a trip to the mountains."

"Lookin' forward to it love," he chuckled, hoping you wouldn't see the blush that has crept on his cheeks. "Ya bringin' a tent?"

"Heck yeah, and I'm gonna pick the best spot before all the others do. No offense Snipes."

"That's ok, sheila," he replied. "I'll just sleep in my camper- it's cozy in there."

"Not fair!" you cried out. "You get to have TV and all that fancy crap."

Sniper tried to remember the last time TV was considered fancy. He shrugged his shoulders and stood up from the sofa. He stretched his lanky figure and you couldn't help eyeing the taut muscles that defined his long arms.

Nice.

"I doubt anybody would even bother getting out of the campsite to explore the wilderness," you huffed, almost to yourself. "It's no fun walking around by yourself."

"Well if no bloke's comin' with ya, then we'll just have to see Mother Nature for ourselves," Sniper said with a lopsided grin. "How does that sound to ya, love?"

Your smile beat his to the dirt.

"Excellent!"

***
Just as expected, the rest of the mercs couldn't find the initiative to set out and learn new things for themselves. They stayed within the boundaries of the camp site and were content in the silent company of each other and their perfectly toasted smores.

It disappointed you to some degree, but all displeasure washed away when you saw Sniper's familiar tall person trudging towards your way. He had on his signature brown hat and a little backpack for medical supplies and other emergency things. What baffled you though was the rifle that he carried around in his hand. Why would there be any need for such things when one is surrounded by the beauty of the earth?