Medic X Shy!Reader

For KatDerp. Hehe, how many Medic fanfics have I written again? Oh well, it ain't gonna end here. Enjoy :3

"(Y/N)?" Medic's voice came from outside your door. Jumping back with a startled and worried expression, you hurriedly snapped your laptop shut, hoping to any forces of nature that he won't come through that door any second now and catch you in the act of whatever you were doing just now.

"Y-yes?" you replied timidly, walking out to be met by his broad form. He looked at you through his glasses and sighed deeply, "I expect zhe papervork to be done zhis evening, ja?"

"O-of course sir," you stuttered again, trying to sound brave despite yourself, "I'm nearly finished."

"Gut," he said, a faint smile on his face, followed by a worried look not too long after. "Are you alright Frau?"

"Y-yeah," you answered, feeling your face heat up, "I'm fine. Never better."

The German didn't seem convinced, but let it slide. The forced smile you gave wasn't helping either.

"I'll be back später," he said calmly, turned a heel, and walked away briskly.

You watched him leave and went back to your room, locked the door, and decided to rest later despite how tired you were. The paperwork was almost done anyway, and you thought it would be better to just push through it and give the doctor an early report.

Your hands laid themselves on the smooth surface of your laptop and opened the device once more, remembering how ruthlessly you treated it awhile ago. Why did you even do that? What made you all nervous and jittery? Was it the doctor's voice, or was it also the fact that alongside your research, you were doing something else?

"Let's see," you mused to yourself, "where did I stop- right! There we go."

You opened a tab and there on your computer screen were different tips, notes, and guides about German men. Why would you, (Y/N) (L/N), be looking at these kinds of things? It seemed like something a teenager would do.

Well, to put it in simpler terms: You have fallen for the doctor. You didn't know why, but something about him made your heart flutter; your face goes red, you couldn't think straight, and a lump starts forming in your throat, muting any further comments and conversation.

Yes, you were shy around him. Maybe it's because you have a high respect for the man, or you felt as if you were out of his league: Whatever the reason was, you are hoping that knowing a little bit more about his kind can make you feel more prepared the next time you'll talk to him.

However, you were in for somewhat a shock:

No matter how many sites you checked and articles you read, the results were all the same, if not similar. You felt your heart fell reading how many people have said that "Germany is the worst place to find love" or "Germans are cold"; and to be honest, a part of you even questioned if Medic was the right man to go after.

"But, Medic's not all that they say here," you thought sadly, "he's pretty much okay with small talk...or was he just being nice and tolerated it?"

You groaned in frustration and finished the paperwork, filing them neatly before putting them in a folder. All that's left to do now is deliver it to Medic.
Looking at your watch, you saw that there was still a little bit of time left before the initial dealine. "Okay, just nine more minutes." you assured yourself and continued on with your research. But as you clicked another link, the connection seemingly slowed down, making you wait. Your fatigue wasn't helping either, and you were on the brink of sleep. "Just five minutes..."