Neighbors XX

Chapter 20

H O L Y  C R A P

Andrew and I shake hands at our agreement of, like, legit forgiving each other since he is going away. He gives me a broad grin and nods his head, satisfied.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me." I smile at him and shrug.

"Well, I'm happy also. But, I need one thing to make me fully complete with today."

"And that is?"

"Kayla's number."

Andrew stares at me like I'm some murderer and insane before shaking his head.

"Are you insane? You hate her, she hates you. Normally that doesn't go well together."

"Yeah, well, I need to talk to her."

"About...?"

"Stuff." Honestly, I really do not know what I am going to say to Kayla. Maybe put her in her place, my inner self hisses as she holds out a fist. Yeah, I would probably lose that fight. I am not a strong girl. Emotionally, or physically. I give Andrew a grin as he sends me Kayla's number and gives me a look.

"Don't do anything stupid."

"Who? Me?" I laugh and turn to walk away. I hear Andrew sigh and look over my shoulder to see him smiling as he shakes his head at me. I turn back around, laughing and full of excitement as I raise the phone to my ear to call Miss Bitchy.

"Hello?" Kayla's ugly voice comes through the phone and I almost puke like the first time.

"Hello, Kayla. It's me— "

"Quinn Brent. What do you want?" Her voice goes from unexpecting to ruff and barky in, like, three seconds.

"I was wondering if you wanted coffee." I state plain as day. Kayla is quiet, thinking of what I could possibly be up to. Honestly, I don't even know. We want answers and for her to stay away from Andrew, inner self hisses. I nod, agreeing. I could see that when Kayla was with Andrew, she was completely dominating over him and he was like her slave. Wow, 'Fifty Shades of Grey' twist, gosh, why is inner me so talkative today. But it's true! She is his complete owner. He was like a dog and she was the human. She was the bug for the starving bird. She was the Queen of Andrew, and something inside of me didn't like that.

"Why?" Her voice is softer, and I somehow figure she's completely in surprise and is probing me. Her bitchy side has taken a break and now she is just plain curious. Curiosity is stronger than attitude.

"We need to talk."

"Talk? Why?"

"I don't know," the question she asks me somehow takes me off guard and I lose my footing on the ground from my powerful stance I was once in. Instead of standing in one space, I make my legs useful and walk out of the school since it's over for this lovely Wednesday.

"Do you want to be besties?" Kayla says in a high sarcastic voice, and my thoughts return to her. There goes the single thought she was nicer and that I should give her more credit. The way I look at it, I nice to her, she started it. I am nicer than I was in South Carolina. And that points to Parker. Parker changed me for the better and I feel happier and lighter instead of my once broken self. All Parker. And that's why I love him.