Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
It's been eight days since I have talked to or seen Bennett and Parker. Grayson was, however. As I walked around the crowded halls, he didn't acknowledge my presence. I kind of guessed this would happen, especially since the plan has commenced.

Since the beginning of the week, I have somehow been the talk of the school and I absolutely hated it. It was weird knowing that people were watching my every move as they judged me from afar. I wasn't exactly happy about the new found attention on me, mostly because of how I found out recently that there were guys who had sexual fantasies about me and noticing that the girls in my grade would give me encouraging fake smiles because they wanted me to sit at their lunch table to show me off to the others.

In the span of eight days, many things have changed. I was sat alone at lunch in the school library, reading random books off of dusty old shelves, or studying for midterms. One time, when I was trying to get a book from my locker, a guy with the same kind of letterman jacket that Bennett has, literally forced himself on me. No, it was not due to what I was wearing, because that day I was wearing something that covered up my whole body, ensuring my skin to be placed behind the pieces of cloth, but it was probably due to the lack of Parker, Bennett, and Grayson presence around me.

As I victoriously pushed the guy off of me, I got ready to sprint away, but Grayson's presence interrupted me from doing so. Grayson had came out of nowhere and pulled him even further away from me. I watched from a short distance as he had pushed him against the locker, muttering threatening remarks. After he had done that, the guy literally ran off. I was going to thank Grayson, but he was already gone before I had the time to do so.

Ever since I have been living in Max's house, Carson and I have spent a lot of time talking through the morning and late evenings talking. Over the three days of being alone at school, he's helped me relieve stress with jokes about Max, stories about his high school life, and revealing a lot of secrets about Harrison to me. Although it terrified me that he was a worker of Harrison, I learned to trust him in the few days I've been there. Him revealing many plots of Harrison's to me changed my feelings towards him completely. In addition, he uncovered to me that the day when Max kidnapped me, there were indeed camera's inside my room and outside the house that watched my every movement and were meant to inform Harrison what I was doing until Max asked Harrison to take them down.

Since the facility I was staying in was actually the house of Max, Harrison took the cameras down when he saw, as Carson says, Max's "heat-seeking moisture whistle," when he was changing in the living room because he was running late for work.

Carson explained how he only knew this because was the one to take out the cameras, which he was thoroughly pissed about because of how he found one in the bathroom.

As days went on, Carson became more lenient with the rules provided to him by Max and has allowed me to roam the house with him instead of keeping me locked up in the room I've been locked in. With the rules being more lenient, I have had more time and space to think about things I had never had time to think of. Some of those thoughts were stupid, however others of them were just too deep to forget.

I wondered what would have happened if my parents never committed suicide. Would I have been able to hang out with Grayson and the others? Would my father forbid me from speaking to them again after finding out about his situation? I didn't even know my parents that well, and I could only assume the things that they could do if they were still alive.