Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Hurry the hell up, Bennett!" Luke yelled, "He's bleeding out."

"Don't you think I see that?" Bennett said, kneeling down before him, forcefully placing one of my shirts on Parker's shoulder, "Keep your eyes open, dammit." Luke said.

Dylan, Grayson, and I stayed quiet as we watched panic was clear in all of their faces. I glanced in Grayson's direction and realized he looked at the three adults with a blank face as he stared at his best friends weak, pale body. Parker had a slash on his cheek and blood was seeping through his shirt. He looked dead from where I stood, but I tried to refrain that from my thoughts, because I knew if that thought lingered I'd be a mess on the floor. It wasn't until Grayson shuffled his way to Parker, when Bennett, Luke and Elly change their attention to Grayson then at the door from which both Dylan and I stood, staring in Grayson and Luke's direction. For the split second they turned to Dylan and I, they all of them had the same emotions. Sad, tired and nervous. It wasn't even a second later when they all went to their own business and tended to Parker's wound, yelling at each other in the process.

The front door opened, causing both Dylan and I to jump. We turned, meeting the faces of Max and a stranger, who came in and immediately rush to Parker's side. I couldn't help but stand there, and look among the people who gathered around one of my best friends who might be dying right now. I walked to a free chair that was next to Calum, which happened to be the farthest chair away from the group.

I decided to pick up my nephew and help everyone by tending to his needs and stop his crying. I kept a blank face on as I kept my attention on my brother's child, tuning out everything around me. Calum had the same amount of attention I had on him on me as he grinned up at me mumbling incoherent words to me. Trying to tune out my surroundings was the hardest thing to do however. With Parker's wounded body not even a few feet away from me and the other people in the room, moving frantically, it was very hard for me to think that everything in this moment was going to be alright for everyone. As the thought of Parker dying came running in and out of my head, I hummed a soft tune to Calum, wanting him to fall asleep for him to ignore all the things that are going around him. When Calum finally fell asleep, I placed him back into his crib. When I finally decided to look up, Bennett and Grayson were out of sight, Luke was looking at Parker with bloodshot eyes while the stranger that Max brought in was tending to Parker's shoulder wound. Elly, Max and Dylan were talking silently between each other, looking over at Parker every now and then as if scared that any of us would listen.

I looked back at Parker's pale body, causing me to stand up, making my way to where he laid. I sat right next to Luke, putting my arm around his shoulder, only for me to be pulled into a tight hug. I was stiff in his arms for a moment, not really expecting his action, but it wasn't long until I hugged him back. Luke was, however was relaxed throughout the whole thing, however I did feel him quiver in my arms as he quietly embraced me, "What happened?" I asked, softly as we pulled away from our hug.

"He got stabbed twice, one of course on his face, but that's just a scratch, the other on his left side of his abdomen," Luke said, simply, "and shot on the lower right abdomen." I nodded, not really knowing what to reply in. I wanted to cry, but something in me prevented my tears to flow down my cheeks. I looked up to meet Luke's eyes and met his glassy gaze. Tears were fighting their way out of his eyes, but I knew he, too, was still trying to keep them from falling and act strong for a while longer.

"You should go to sleep, Lucas." I said, quietly for him and I to hear. He shook his head, swiftly, refusing to sleep. Fear, exhaustion, and sadness was still clear in Luke's bloodshot eyes, obviously terrified that if he left, Parker would be gone by the time he came back. I had also noticed his drooping eyes as he stared back at me, telling everyone that looked at him that he was crying for far too long, "I've got him. You can trust me." I said, reassuringly, "I promise."