Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Parker?" I called out, trying to find him. I needed help with a crossword puzzle and I thought he'd understand it.

I looked for him throughout the house until I came across the door of my parents room. The door was slightly opened, meaning that Parker must be in there because I simply refuse to be near where my parents were when they died and I never keep that door open,

"Parker?" I said, again, opening the door. I saw Parker looking at a photo album on my parents bed.

"I see you've found the album." I said.

He stared at me in surprise as I looked around my parents bedroom, "I... I-I'm-"

"It's fine." I sighed, sitting next to him. I looked around the room, remembering little bits of memories my head could bring me from when I was eight. My mom used to sing to me right where I sat. I remember my dad would always be there to hug me when I had a nightmare and would come running to their room. I sighed as the memories continued to get sadder and sadder, "What one are you on?" I asked, quickly wiping the stray tear under my eye.

Parker took notice of it, but didn't say anything, "Your parents wedding album." He said, looking from the last picture then to me, "You look like your mom."

"I may look like her, but I sure as hell don't think like her." I said, as he closed the album, "She would've loved you and the guys." I said, suddenly.

"Even with Grayson's killer father?" Parker asked.

I rolled my eyes, "She believed people who come from a bad families can change. She believed no matter how hard and cold the person's heart was there was a kind soul in there." I said, smiling.

"Do you believe you can get that out of Grayson? Permanently?" He asked, referring to his good side.

"I used to." I shrugged.

"Why?" The question I hoped he wouldn't ask.

Grayson said things he knew would hurt me, "He proved two nights ago that I couldn't." I said, finally.

Disappointment and surprise flashed through Parker's eyes, making me look questioningly at him, "Why can't you?" He questioned.

I smiled, "You really seem to hate how your best friend is acting." I teased.

"It's true, I don't." He said, making my smile falter, "Grayson needs someone like you. You're what he needs."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "He doesn't need me." I shook my head in disagreement.

Parker rolled his eyes at me, "Can't you see?" He asked, "He stopped hooking up with girls, quit drinking and smoking, he's even got his anger in check when he's around you which is almost always." He said, "It sure seems like you're changing him."

I thought about the times I had with Grayson and realized the differences. Everything that Parker said was true. Grayson even started wearing his glasses at school, "I guess you're right." I said, grinning.

"Thank you." He said, exasperatedly.

"But he didn't quit smoking." I said, "I saw him smoking a joint outside of the mall."

Parker looked at me, clearly confused, "That's impossible." He said, "He only smokes when he thinks he's not good enough."

"Exactly."

"What do you- Is he jealous of me?" He asked.

I nodded, "I think so."

"He's a dumbass." He said, looking at me with playful disgust, "I'm not into short people." He scoffed.