"Kelsea." She answered the young girl, she looked no older than 12. "So how old are you?" She asked her, she couldn't ask her if she thought Lauren was her mother but she could try and do the math in her head.

"I'm 11." She answered happily. "So just you, Kelsea and Lauren live in this huge house by yourselves?" She asked, as she gazed around the inside of the house. 

"The house would be a lot quieter if it was just us" she sighed dreamily, "but no, we also have twin boys." Camila answered.

"Cool! My friend back home has twin sisters, sometimes when I go over I can't tell them apart. Do you sometimes get them mixed up?" She spoke energetically.

"Umm yeah I used to when they were younger, it was harder to tell them apart, but now not so much." She said honestly most parents wouldn't admit it but she could, when they were born the twins were identical, the only tale sign to tell them apart was that Cameron has the same little birthmark on his hairline just like the one Camila has. As they got older, they still looked identical only now it was easier to tell them apart because Caspian had scraped up knees and elbows. But now, now they just looked like brothers, Caspian was a little taller and tanner while Cameron was still short and pale.  

"Twin boys and a newborn? That must be difficult." Carrie assumed, raising one kid was a lot, raising twin boys and a newborn well that was a hell of a lot more.

"Not really they are really well behaved boys and Lauren is really involved and hands on with all of our kids." She found herself feeling a little defensive, this woman was sitting in her living room trying to have a casual conversation completely avoiding the fact that she just potentially dropped a big ass bomb on her,  throwing her wife's last name around like it's nothing. Never mind not jumping to conclusions, Camila just took a big as leap.

Harper was aimlessly talking about all her friends from back home but Camila was focused on the sound of the front door opening and closing and footsteps getting closer and closer until she was met with her wife's piercing green eyes and noticeable worried expression.

"I'm home, what's going on?" Lauren asked, as she walked over to were her wife was seated, leaned down for a kiss on the lips but all she got was cheek.

"She's the girl from the picture mom." Harper sort of whispers to her mom, but both Lauren and Camila herd her loud and clear.

"I know baby." Carrie shushed her daughter. "I don't know where to start and honestly I'm not sure how much you can actually help me but your my last resort," she began, while both Lauren and Camila listened intently.

"Growing up Harper always asked about her father, why he wasn't around and such, and I gave her as much information as I could, I didn't know much about him myself, only that he was enlisting in the military at the end of the summer and that his name was Michael Jauregui and that he was from North Carolina. About a year ago Harper insisted on wanting to meet her father, so I began looking for him but came up empty. On a whim we flew down from Florida last week and I went to the military base here asking for him or just for any sort of information so that I could find him but it turns out that they don't share anything with you unless your family. On our way out we saw this photo, it was a photo of you in your uniform with a plaque and the name Lauren M. Jauregui engraved in it. It's a long shot but the last name is uncommon and you look very similar to him, I figured you could possibly be related. So I asked around about you with some locals not really expecting anything solid but  it seems your fairly known around here. So I came to ask you if you know anything about him, I want you to know that I don't want anything from him the only reason I came looking for him was because of her, because she wants to know her dad." She explained, shocking Lauren to the fucking core, and taking a huge weight off Camila's chest.

Coming Home (camren) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें