My Eyes Are Up Here, Tyler

Start from the beginning

I took the jacket from him and he helped me put it on. I stretched my arms out and looked at it on me. It was kind of short but still fit very nicely. "Thank you."

"No problem. And, uh, you know what? That jacket was always big on me anyways. You can keep it."

I smiled. "Thanks, Pete."

"No problem. If you ever need anything else; I'm always here."

"I know you are."

He smiled slightly and hugged me. "Be safe tonight, alright?"

I hugged back, resting my head on top of his. "I will be."

"I just worry about you, Ryan."

"I know you do."

He pulled away from the hug and kept his hands on my arms. "Just... Be safe, Ry. I love you."

"Don't worry, Pete. I will be."

He patted my left arm before letting go completely and walking back into the kitchen. I walked into the living room and grabbed the remote to the TV, turning it on before there was a knock on the door. I put the remote down and walked to the door, opening it. Behind stood Josh and Tyler.

"Hey guys," I said, smiling a little.

"Hey. We brought Beatles Rock Band," Josh said, holding up the game.

"Cool. Come in and I'll get Patrick and Spencer," I said, stepping aside to let them in. They walked in and Tyler looked me up and down.

"My eyes are up here, Tyler," I said, closing the door.

"Sorry. You're just dressed nicer than usual," he said.

"I have a date," I said, smiling at the thought of Brendon.

"Really? With who?" Josh asked, turning on the game console and putting the game in.

I looked down and smiled. "Brendon."

"Brendon? Really?" Tyler said, standing next to Josh. "You can do better than that."

"Yeah," Josh agreed. "I mean, he's not an Overcast, so I mean..."

"At least I'm gay so I don't have to deal with too many complications," I put my hands in my back pockets.

"Well, I guess if he makes you happy then that's all that really matters," Josh said. Tyler agreed and nodded his head.

I nodded too. "I'm just gonna go up to my room."

"Alright."

"See you later."

I walked upstairs and knocked on Patrick's door and told him that Josh and Tyler were there. God knew where Spencer was, 'cause he wasn't in his room. After Patrick went downstairs, I went into my room and called Daniel. He didn't answer.

I wrote down a few things in one of my notebooks until I got bored of it and went into the bathroom. I messed around with makeup until I heard the doorbell ring.

I ran down the stairs and through the living room to the front door only to find Pete closing it while holding a pizza box.

"Pete, I thought you were cooking dinner," I said.

"Yeah, but I wanted pizza," he said, opening the box and taking a slice out. He took a bite and I followed him into the kitchen. "So, I'm guessing you're a little anxious about the date?"

I scoffed. "What? No. What makes you think that?"

"Well, firstly, how quickly you came down the stairs." He sat down at the kitchen table. "I mean, you were almost as fast as me when I know there's pizza being delivered. Secondly, your makeup, which looks awesome by the way. You only do stuff like that when you're nervous or really, really bored. The intricate stuff anyway. And thirdly and lastly, that t-shirt." He gestured to my torso with his pizza. "You only wear that for good luck and tonight is definitely a night you'd wear it."