Not A "Sumbongero"

You've probably had enough with these tutor episodes. Don't worry, I'm gonna try to make this the last one.

       We were, as usual, reviewing again when an announcement blared from the speakers.

      "Teachers, we will be having a meeting right now in the Principal's Office. Again, all teachers, we will be having a meeting in the Principal's Office. Thank you."

       Mrs. D looked at us. "Ok you two, continue reviewing and don't go home without me telling you to." We nodded. I mean, what choice do we have???

       She got up from her desk and went outside along with Mr. Al and Ms. Katy. Mr. Al's and Ms. Katy's students immediately made noise and played with everything they had. Dexter and I simply looked at each other and continued to review.

       After an hour, the students already left and we were done reviewing. I waited for Mrs. D and kept roaming around the room. Dexter kept going and looking outside.

       I was sweeping the floor when I heard noise outside. I checked the room and saw that Dexter wasn't there. I decided to look outside...

      And was surprised to see Shaina and Gary talking with Dexter. When Shaina saw me, she looked surprised. "Hey Sani! What are you doing in there?" she asked me.

       "Oh, uh... I'm waiting for Mrs. Dolores to come because she said we couldn't go home without her telling us to." I explained. She nodded and went inside the room.

       I turned to Gary and asked, "Oi, Gary! Did you bring Footlong along with you?" in a joking way. He grinned and nodded. "He's actually in the tricycle! Want me to bring him here?"

       I shook my head. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, please don't bring him here!" I pleaded as I hurriedly went back inside. Gary and Dexter followed.

       I continued sweeping and Shaina helped me. Gary kept following me, so I tried to shoo him away using the broom. "Shoo! Get away!" I joked. He stepped backward, laughing.

      Then we had a plan.

       I chased Gary around the room with the broom. He tried to run for the door, but Shaina and Dexter were already outside, holding the door so that Gary couldn't escape. I teased him with the broom and he started to scream.

       I stopped teasing him and said, "Shaina! Dexter! You can let go of the door now!"

       They both went inside as Shaina and I laughed. "Sorry Gary." we said. He nodded. "It's ok. Besides, I still have Footlong along with me." he said, looking at me with a knowing smile. "Gary!!!" I exclaimed as they laughed.

       A few minutes later, after Shaina and Gary have left, Mrs. D still hasn't arrived yet. Dexter was still outside waiting.

       It was hot, so I decided to use the air-con for myself. I grabbed the side of the curtain and covered the air-con. I heard someone come in, but I didn't check who. When I did check, it was only Dexter.

       Then the curtain fell on me.

       "What... Oh no. Oh no. Oh no,  I'm dead!" I said, realizing what just happened. Dexter saw me and teased me. "Lagot!!!" he laughed. I stared at him and said, "Oi, can you please stop laughing and please help me?" as I grabbed a chair.

       I positioned the chair and stepped on it. I tried to place the curtain back, but I needed someone to help me. "Dexter, please help me!" I told him.

       He got a chair and stepped on it. He held the other side of the curtain and gave a few commands.

       "A little higher... Ok, a little bit more..."

       Then the door opened.

       "Hey you two- Oh my, what happened to the curtain?" Mrs. D asked when she saw us putting the curtain back in place. We stepped off the chairs and walked back to our seats.

       "Well... Uhm... It was because of... The uhm... The students awhile ago! Yeah, it was because of the students awhile ago! They were playing here, and they accidentally made the curtain fall..."
       I mentally facepalmed myself. I am so, so dead...

       "Oh, is that so? Well, I guess I'll talk to them tomorrow." Mrs. D said as she organized her desk. "Oh, by the way, you two can go home now."

       As I got my things, Dexter muttered something to me.

       "Palusot." he said, glancing at me with a small smile before getting his things.