In Love

January 15th, Fourth Age (40)

Alaina had accepted Durin's invitation to go along with dwarves to retake Moria. Alaina was torn between Ilain and Will's and Legolas' argument. Ilain and Wil both said that it would be a good investment for Arnor but Legolas and Alaina both knew the true evil that lies in the depths of the mine. 

But there they stood, two years later, getting ready to set out to Moria. Legolas was busy putting on his own armor as a couple handmaidens put Alaina's armor on for her. "Arms up, my queen," Aria said, Alaina raised both of her arms as they but her bracers on.

"I still think this is a bad idea," Legolas said, putting his shoulder pads on.

Alaina sighed, thinking back to their short time in Moria. "We survived that place once, we can do it again. Gandalf destroyed the demon that would change my mind about all of this."

The door slammed open and Nuntari stormed in causing Alaina and Legolas to roll their eyes at each other. Wil followed after her. "I want to go with you!" She yelled.

"I tried to stop her," Wil said, putting his hands up in defense.

Legolas took a deep breath, "You cannot go, Nuntari, that's the end of it."

"No it's not. I want to fight, I want to help!" Nuntari argued causing Alaina to sigh, looking at Legolas as though she was debating it.

"She's too much like you," Legolas chuckled.

"At least she's not more like you..." Alaina smiled, "Mr. Quiet and antisocial."

Legolas scoffed, "You are unbelievable."

Nuntari rolled both of her eyes, "Both of you are unbelievable." She began to pace around the room, her parents watched her intently. "You know very well that I would be able to hold myself in battle, and it would be good for the guards and our army to see me as a leader."

Alaina's armor was now put on and she grabbed her bow, putting it over her shoulder. Legolas and her looked at each other one more time, "You're responsible for her," Legolas said in Quenya, a language that Nuntari didn't know and Alaina had barely just learned from Legolas himself.

Alaina smirked, picking up the sword she used during the War of the Ring, tossing it to Legolas as she grabbed her current sword and the ring daggers given to her by Galadriel long ago and walked passed Nuntari, "Better get ready, we're leaving in five."

Legolas followed her, shoving the sword towards Nuntari who took it with a shocked look on her face. Wil sighed and mentally facepalmed, he put his hand on Nuntari's shoulder, "Try not to get me killed," he said before following her parents out of the room.

Nuntari looked down at the sword, unsheathing it to reveal the shiny elvish blade. She was told stories about the battles her mother had used this sword in and now that she was holding it, she felt a great weight upon her shoulders.