c h a p t e r I

Growing up in Miami isn't all that its cracked up too be. Children dying, mama's crying and hood niggas trying to survive. North Miami will make you or break you. Lil Haiti, where I'm from is rough, like a mini Compton or even a small Chicago. If you not from around here, you as good as dead.

"Can I ball, can I chill, can I stunt..." I hummed walking down the street from school looking at the hood. Hobos and prostitutes on one corner and drug dealers on the next. I looked down most of time, making sure that I didn't step in no used condom or broken glass that usually decorated the ground.

I turn the corner of 145th and seen James, the sexiest man I have ever seen but of course he had never seen me and I plan on keeping it that way. Its something about a Haitian boy. I'm half Haitian on my daddy side but he passed away when I was a child. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't have been dealing that night and been at home with my mama. Ever since he passed away, my mama fell off bad asf. I'm talking about the ultimate crackhead, I walk pass her all the time, she either high off some shit or trying to get me to give her money but I think the fuck not. I remember like it was yesterday....

**Flashback**

"Ma, is that you?" I was walking from the local 7-11 and I could have sworn I saw her giving some man head behind the old Fat Burger joint.

The lady chocked on the dick a little bit and jumped up. Looking me dead in my face.

"Zariona? Baby is that you?"

"Ma, what in the fuck are you doing? You really stooping this low? Sucking dick in the fucking alley?"

"Its not what it looks like, we was just playing ba.."

"Stop fucking lying, you make me sick. Abandon your daughter to be a cracked out bitch on the street. Fuck you, I hate you!"

I felt the tears start to fall as I ran off down the street, knowing I will never be able to talk to her again.

**Flashback Over**

"Oh shit!" Before I knew it, I had bumped into a hard chest and landed with a thud. This day just getting worst and worst. First a horrible day at school and now I bust my ass. I immediately checked my shoes, I was wearing the new Space Jams and I didn't wanna fuck them up so soon even though money wasn't a problem, you never know when God gonna take it all away.

"Aye ma, what dat mouf do?" said one of the niggas with dreads

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack that fell to the ground.

" Bitch be quite, so disrespectful" said James, as he helped me get up from the ground.

"You right, she might eat my dick. With her fat ass"

Niggas in Miami always got a fat joke, but I bet they won't talk about they fat ass mama. I've been hearing this all my life. I didn't consider myself fat. I was just thick, I had a big ass, thick thighs, nice boobs, and full lips. I didn't realized I looked that bad.

I picked up my pace a little bit so I could hurry up and get home, but I soon heard footsteps behind me then a voice to match.

"Lil mama wait up!" I heard James call after me.

I started slowing down til he caught up with me.

"I'm sorry for what that nigga said, that's just Darnell being Darnell"

"It's fine" I mumbled with my head down, staring at my shoes, trying to figure out why he being nice to me.

James grabbed my face and made me look in his eyes. I flinched, I had a bad pet-peeve about people touching me, especially my face.

He held his hands up in surrender, "My bad Ma, What's your name?"

"Not Ma. It's Zariona but they call me Z"

"Well Zariona when you talk to me look up at me"

"It's not like we gonna talk again anyways"

"And who said that?"

"I said that, is there a problem? " I saw something trigger in his eye.

"Well fuck you too bitch, this why nobody nice to big bitches" I chuckled softly and replied smartly

"And that's why us "big bitches" don't talk to small dick ass niggas" His mouth flew open and I could tell he wasn't expecting that, I took this as my opportunity to start walking back home, next time, I'll make sure I drive.

I walked a couple more blocks before I got to my condo. It was simple, but nothing to flashy just in case the opps started watching. One thing my daddy always taught me was to never lay my head, where dirt was. When he passed away I was young but he left me a empire that I had to run but I couldn't start until I turned 16. My uncle Pookie helped me learn everything I needed to know & he was my right-hand man. Nobody knew I existed and that's how things would stay. Pookie handled all the contact with employees, all I had to do was sign with different connections and make sure the money was adding up correctly. If money didn't add up, then that was somebody ass.

I walked inside my condo, and locked the door making sure to secure my alarm. I'm not a pussy bitch, I've pulled the trigger plenty times but I'm a heavy ass sleeper.

I hated that dusty ass school, I been going to Miami Central High and it's ass. Everybody wanna sell drugs, everybody thinks they the plug, when in reality, they all working for me. It makes me laugh when young niggas ask me if I wanna buy weed, the same weed I just distributed to them undercover. 

Luckily I only have 3 classes and 2 of those are electives so I barely went to school, I would just email my teachers and they'd give me notes and dates we had test and exams. I went inside of my room and started running a hot bath, I needed to relax my mind. As I sat back in the tub, I couldn't help but think back on how fye James is but also how fucked up he had me. I was supposed to call my uncle and let him handle that but I decided against it, for some reason, James put no worry or fear in my heart.