"Fred" I whispered, "I want you."

He pulled back and looked at me with lust, excitement and slight hesitation. "Are you sure, Char?" he asked, his nose bumping mine.

"More than sure" I nodded. He grinned, and he lips slammed to mine in a heated kiss. My legs tightened around his waist when I felt him lifting from the couch, and he carried us to his bedroom, never breaking from the kiss.

I heard the door slam behind us.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

George's arms felt like vice like grips around my waist, but I was more than happy to be there as I didn't know when I'd see him again. Or if, if this all went badly. He held me to his chest and whispered, "You better come back Char. Do not get yourself killed. Every chance you get, find some way to get us a message that you're alright."

I pulled back and nodded, looking up at my best friend. "Take care of yourself and be careful. I love you, and that means you're in danger" I told him, squeezing his arm one last time.

"I love you too" he whispered, reluctantly letting me go. I could see the pain in his eyes, and I felt a responsive tightening around my heart. The moment George let me go, Fred's arms wrapped around me instantly. We didn't say much as the first rays of the sun shone above the horizon.

We'd said everything last night. So all I said was, "I love you more than anything, Fred Weasley".

He smiled, but the sadness in his eyes knowing this was goodbye for who knows how long made it clear it wasn't a happy smile.

"And I love you, Charlotte Hale. Come back to me" he whispered.

"I will" I promised, bringing my lips to his. It was soft and gentle, but every emotion he and I felt went into this kiss. When we pulled away, I softly swiped my thumb over his cheek and pulled back, looking over to see Roze tucked into George's arms as they said goodbye.

With one last longing look at me, Fred joined them, and my heart jumped at the sight. I hated I was taking their sister away, breaking up their family into something unknown. But Roze made it clear that she was going with me, to protect me, to protect them.

"Charlotte, the order will be coming to collect you soon. Dawn's broken, if we're going, now's the best time we'll get" Ari voiced. I looked at her as she stood by Cameron's side. Rucksacks on their backs and determination on their faces.

I nodded, and looked back to Roze. She sighed, and unlocked herself from her brother's grasps. They whispered something to each other, and then Roze was by my side. Ari, Cameron, Roze and I all interlocked our fingers, holding on tightly.

"Be safe" I told the twins. They looked at all of us with the glint of unknown in their eyes, and when Fred's eyes met mine, his love burned bright in his chocolate coloured orbs. I could only hope he saw the same in mine.

Next thing I knew, everything went black; I was pressed very hard from all directions and couldn't breathe. It felt like there were iron bands tightening around my chest, and my skull was crushing in on my brain.

We landed in a heap on unforgiving gravel, and I brought my hand into my vision to see blood seeping out of the small gashes that had gravel still embedded.

I looked around, first finding that we were on the driveway of Aunt Sophie's house, and then at my three companions sprawled around me.

"Ari, I thought you'd said you'd gotten the hang of apparating?" Roze grumbled, stumbling to her feet.