Chapter 11: Hidden guilt

Start from the beginning

All the guilt, the pain, the fear that Budo had experienced before was sent to his heart, which constantly reminded him that all of this, everything, the suffering from Kokona, is for Ayano Aishi, his true love. Finally, the ash-haired boy allowed himself to feel emotion once more.
.
.
.
At 11pm, Budo finally knocks on the door of his wanted location, exhausted as he had carried him and Kokona halfway across Shisuta town, at night, for a full hour.

The brown door swings open, and an all-familiar, 23 year old waitor answers, wearing a maroon jumper and jeans. Chiaki Amari flashes his usual, innocent smile at the ash-haired boy.
"Budo-kun! Hey, what's up-"

The platinum-blonde male is cut short from his words as he sets sights on the girl in Budo's arms, then he peers back at her escort's stoned face.

"Is... She okay?" Chiaki raises an eyebrow at the unfamiliar girl with purple hair in slight interest.

'She is different to the girl that Budo brought to the restaurant last time...' The older guy ponders to himself. 'What was her name? Ayano?'

"She's sleeping." Budo responds flatly.
"Can I come in? It's pretty urgent."
.
.
.
The platinum-blonde male switches on the kettle while Budo gently sets the sleeping Kokona on the sofa, before joining the older guy.

Chiaki leans against a desk top after handing Budo a cup of hot tea, and sighs, thinking of how to start the conversation. Budo just shivers as he cradles his cup, slowly defrosting. He stares at the unfamiliar, resting girl with purple drills for hair.

'I wonder who she is...' Chiaki frowns to himself 'She definitely isn't Budo's date at the restaurant from last time.'

"Alright," Chiaki clears his throat, facing the younger male like an older brother "What happened?"

The coal-haired male takes a sip of tea, looking down at the the unconscious girl on the sofa.

'I can't exactly tell him what happened, can I? It will put Ayano in danger.'

Budo looks at the guy's sweet face, his smiling expression, but knowing Chiaki for long has taught him that isn't the case. Although Chiaki is seen as a big brother or a close cousin or friend, he can be quite... Mischievous.

'Maybe I should just tell him...'

The platinum-blonde intently watches the 18 year old in his argumentative thoughts, and he sucks his teeth, slightly impatient.

"Well, if your not happy telling me, I can always ask Shinji and Sanae to help you..." The older guy suggests his twin siblings to the male, his voice trailing away.

"No, no that's okay." The coal-haired male finally decides, making Chiaki relieved and curious behind his sweet, innocent smile.

Budo looks down at the empty mug in his hands, clinging on to it in order to gain any remaining heat. The 23 year old male rolls his eyes, and like an older brother, pours some more hot water from the kettle into Budo's empty mug, just so that he can warm his hands.

"Go on." Chiaki prompts, putting the kettle back in place. Budo takes a deep breath before starting his explanation.

"That girl," Budo glances up at the unconscious girl lying on the sofa, then turns his gaze back up quickly. "She is a girl from my school, her name is Kokona Haruka."

The waitor thinks carefully "Kokona Haruka... Takumi must have mentioned her before." He reminisces about his mysterious younger brother, who attends Budo's school.

"What were you doing with her?"

The smoky-haired boy pauses for a moment to think about his next move.
"Basically... Someone had asked me to... Kill Kokona."

Chiaki's brown, almond- shaped eyes suddenly flash and his face looks shocked for a second, but then it returns back to his usual, sweet smile, which is especially bizarre in a situation like this.

"And, someone has also been talking to Kokona online, for compensated dating, so that they can arrange a
sort-of date for us. Of course, only so that I can get rid of her." Budo admits.

The platinum blonde leans his head back a little, grinning devilishly. "Compensated dating, hm?" His gaze turns towards the sleeping, purple haired girl, sprawled across his sofa wearing a revealing dress and Budo's hoodie. He smirks.

Budo catches the older guy staring at the schoolgirl, and sighs at him, unsure what to say as he needs his help.

"Chiaki-san, I... Don't want to kill her... Right away." Budo admits sorrowfully "It's not that I have feelings for her or anything, but it just doesn't feel right to kill someone. Especially someone I know."

The loyal martial arts master sighs and puts down the cup cradling in his arms. Chiaki nods, understanding.

"So you put the girl to sleep and now you want her to stay here?" Chiaki realises, and the younger male nods admittedly, his big, coal eyes hopeful.

"Very well." The platinum-blonde huffs "Your lucky I live alone."
.
.
.
The two guys lift up the sleeping Kokona and bring her down to the basement, and Budo slips a spare night gown on top of the girl's revealing dress so he can retrieve his hoodie.

"What now?" Budo wails, trying to hold back his exhaustion. He knows his parents will want to know what he was doing all night, since it is now 12am.

The brown-eyed boy turns over a dusty mattress in the corner of the abandoned basement, and he beckons Budo to bring the girl over, in which Budo lays her down on.

The two step out of the room and lock the door, and Budo goes over the obligations for the captive girl.

"Remember, three meals a day, keep the window locked and... No funny business, alright?" Budo lightly threatens the platinum-blonde, who just laughs in response.

"Yeah, yeah..." He nods.

"And, Chiaki-san?" Budo looks up at the brown-eyed male, with straight, natural platinum-blonde hair, the older brother figure throughout his life.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." The coal-haired male says, dark grey eyes looking down at his feet.

Chiaki-san rests a hand on Budo's shoulder, and smiles, a true, rare smile, at his supposed younger brother.