Chapter 8: A date with Budo-san

Walking down the stairs slowly, Budo smiles at his proud parents, dressed his causal attire. He is wearing black, slightly fitted trousers, a crisp white shirt, a black blazer and a sliver watch on his wrist.

His dark grey hair is swept to the side, and for once he isn't wearing his karate gi headband, making him appear more good-looking and grown up. There is a mix of nerves and excitement fluttering in Budo's stomach.

Budo's mother steps over to her handsome, 18 year old son, scooping him up into a quick hug. "Have a great time." she whispers into Budo's sturdy shoulder "And look after your date!"

His mother new she didn't have to say this, Budo never let any of them down. The Martial Arts legend passed in everything, never failing to please his parents.

"Don't worry, I will." Budo insists reassuringly, as his father pats him on the back before he leaves the house, stepping outside.

The air is warm and the sun is setting down, leaving a beautiful sunset, as Budo heads off down the street to meet his date.
.
.
.
Ayano looks in the mirror one last time, and sighs, ready for her date.

'I'm only doing so that Budo-san falls for me deeper and kills Kokona-chan for me, nothing else.'

Ayano puts away her hair curler.

'My heart is with Taro Senpai. Nothing can take his place.'

She frowns at her reflection once more. But it's still okay to have fun, right?

Ayano's outfit consisted of her silky, dark grey hair, let out for once, curled at the bottom. She wore subtle gold eye shadow and eyeliner to bring out her pretty, cat-like eyes.

Ayano has on a cute print minidress, mustard-coloured tights and high heeled lace up boots. She looks gorgeous.

As she walks down the stairs, Ayano decides that she wants to have fun at her date with Budo-san, regardless of what her mind is telling her.

It's not like she actually has feelings for Budo-san anyway...

Ayano slips into the taxi, the early evening surrounding her. A small smile tugs at the corners of her mouth as she rides away to her date, nervous and excited butterflies tumbling around in her stomach.

She is like Cinderella, off to the ball to see her Prince Charming, Budo Masuta.
.
.
.
Budo strolls into the cosy, family-run restaurant that he had agreed to meet Ayano at. He recalls joyful, sunny memories from his childhood, growing up at this restaurant like it is his second home.

All the workers here are like his second family. Budo couldn't wait to show Ayano this special place to her, and all the lovely people that come with it.

This place is very significant to Budo.

He takes his favourite place, a cosy booth by the window, where he usually spends his time with a latte, watching the sun rise and fall, and waited for his date to arrive.

Suddenly, Budo's good friend and waitress slips into the booth opposite Budo. Sanae Amari greets her friend, and the two talk for a while.

Sanae is the second daughter of the owner of the Amari restaurant, and also Budo's best friend. She and Budo attended the same elementary school, so they practically grew up with each other, along with Sanae's twin brother, Shinji. The three still share a tight friendship bond.

In the Amari family, there is Mr Amari, the owner of the restaurant alongside his wife, Mrs Amari. In total they had seven healthy children. Their daughter Chiyo is the eldest, along with their sons Chiaki, Hikaru and Jiro, and then the twins Sanae and her brother Shinji, then lastly their youngest son, Takumi.

All the children of the Amari family so help out in some way, as waitors, cooks or even the manager like Chiyo.

"So, Budo-san." Sanae begins casually, eyeing the decent but causal clothing her friend had on. The dark-haired guy unfolds his arms and rests his hand on the back of his neck, smiling as he thought about Ayano.

"Yeah, I have actually." Budo says, a little smugly, and he squares his shoulders a little, which makes Sanae laugh, her brunette bob bouncing a little.

"Your quite full of yourself, aren't you?" Sanae smirks at her friend "But you look nervous, don't worry! She'll be a fool not to like you!"

Budo is about to mention that he'd already confessed his love to Ayano, but as if on cue, the lady of the evening enters.
.
.
.
The rich, delicious aroma of spicy ramen and homemade cutlet bowls surround the pretty girl in the minidress as she enters the restaurant, and it seems that for once, all eyes are on her.

Ayano smiles as she carefully steps towards Budo, watching as the waitress, Sanae, quickly slips out of the booth, her mouth agape as she studies Ayano's every move.

For so long, for all this time, Ayano had been waiting, watching, desperate to be noticed by her Senpai. But now, it seems that no one can take her eyes off of her. Especially the guy in front of her...

Budo's dark eyes are lit with amazement and passion as Ayano reflects off of them.

'She looks incredible. Every step that she takes, the way her hair bounces as she walks, how her smile is all for me...'

Budo swiftly slips out of the booth to greet Ayano, holding on to her small, warm hands. A few guys around them on other tables seem a little disappointed that the gorgeous girl is taken.

"Hey, Ayano." Budo says confidently, trying to keep his eyes on hers "You look... Incredible.'

A dark haired girl grins at this compliment, looking down at her outfit. True, it is only casual clothing, but it made Ayano's features and figure stand out beautifully.

Ayano carefully steps into the booth and Budo sits next to her. Ayano faces him nervously.

"Do you really think that... I look okay?" Her big, dark eyes like moons glitter at his, the gold shimmering on her eyelids. Budo chuckles at her.

"Ayano," He begins in a clear voice, "Your more than okay, you look absolutely beautiful." The sweet words melt in his mouth like warm chocolate.

"Really, oh... Thank you." she blushes "No one has ever said that to me before." Ayano admits quietly, looking down.

'She's so quiet today, so innocent. Usually, she is loud, busy, running around. Perhaps... This is her true self, the cherry blossom girl in my daydreams...'

Suddenly, the strong guy leans forward, close to Ayano. He wraps his big arms around her small figure, giving her a warm hug. Budo is embraced in her gentle scent of flowers and coconut body butter. Ayano is taken back.

"That doesn't matter," he murmurs into her slim shoulder "I know you are."