Chapter 5

Luzhou went to sleep very early that night. Xiao Yi didn't urge him to read over the script, they didn't have to go to the company tomorrow anyway. Staying in bed, he could finally have a good night's sleep—In fact, the life of an assistant is pretty good.

2:30 a.m.

Du Mei called, Xiao Yi informed her that Luzhou looks better now.

Du Mei replied 'better is good', and then told Xiao Yi to take a trip to the company tomorrow.

Xiao Yi laid in bed, playing on his phone, looking for posts related to Luzhou and Zhang Xinran's relationship. Scrolling down, there were a bunch of fans cursing at Zhang Xinran, saying she isn't good enough for Luzhou.

Zhang Xinran's fans defended her, eagerly cursing back, making the corner of Xiao Yi's mouth twitch, he then decided to put down his phone and sleep.

The next day, at the company.

"He's probably still sleeping, if noon doesn't arrive, he won't wake up." Du Mei said, "You can head back after eating lunch, take these gifts from fans home to him on your way."

Xiao Yi then looked at the heap of gifts in the corner.

Yesterday, he already thoroughly explained what happened, Du Mei got a headache after hearing it. Xiao Yi didn't dare to intervene and just sat there quietly.

"Did he say anything about Zhang Xinran?" Du Mei asked, "After that, did he say anything to her?"

"He said......" Xiao Yi thought for a moment and said, "During the fight, brother Zhou said something about you inviting some hacker......No, no, I mean the PR team in the company to join into the public discussion."

"This is a really hot topic." Du Mei said, "We don't want to do it, but this topic will create a scandal to boost his popularity even more. This child, can't he just coax her a little?"

Xiao Yi sigh, thinking to himself, 'that's the reason? It turns out, you guys actually want to cling onto Zhang Xinran's thigh, her getting angry isn't ungrounded' Presumably, Du Mei turned a blind eye, letting the fans believe Zhang Xinran helped him rise to fame, and after both sides finish fighting, this will create a long-term topic. Therefore, Zhang Xinran is just being deceived by Luzhou, and in the end, this is just a game.

Xiao Yi didn't eat lunch, he received a call, Luzhou shouted: "Where did you run off to! Do you still want to work!"

Xiao Yi answered, words filled with panic: "I'm helping the fans move your company....Wait no! I'm at the company, moving the fans gifts, I'm almost there!"

"Psycho." Lu Zhou said and then hung up.

Du Mei had told him to hurry back, and reminded him again to urge Luzhou to read over the script. Xiao Yi mumbled to himself 'you're the crazy one, you're the crazy one...you psycho' while loading all the gifts in the company car and drove home.

Back home, the auntie was cleaning and preparing food. Xiao Yi stood in the living room, holding the pile of gifts. When Luzhou got out of bed, he wasn't fully awake yet, seeing the presents caused him to frown and say: "Didn't I say not to bring these things home?"

"It's from your fans," Xiao Yi said, "The gifts are from their heart, how....how...." Xiao Yi was about to said 'How can you say that!', but after thinking carefully, he decided not to and said: "How could I reject them, the fans all gathered at the company, I didn't have a choice but to put it all in the car, and there isn't a trash can close to the house."

"There's one in the garage, throw it all away, it's taking up space!" Luzhou said bluntly.

"Ah, yes." Xiao Yi said, but after Luzhou went back upstairs, he didn't throw it away. Instead, he tore open all the presents to the point of his hands ached. Inside, there are lots of fan-made albums, books, and lots of fan letters. Xiao Yi slightly glanced at it and spotted a letter from a junior high school girl addressed to Luzhou, he couldn't help but smile.