"He might let me in."

"Why would he." Lucca was every bit annoyed and I didn't know why.

"I'm just hoping he will. Lucca, you can come with me if you want."

He takes my hand in his, "fine."

"I will have a word with Derrick." Dad says. "Selene, be cautious."

"I will," I responded.

When he left Lucca let me know every bit if curiosity he was holding back. "Is this Nora person...is she your mother?"

The question sent a shock down my spine and without warning I clamped my palm over his mouth. "Someone might hear you!" I shushed him. His voice muffled against my hand and I let go when it made my hands moist.

"She is, isn't she?" I nodded without answering him. "Are you okay?" 

"Not really...I just found out my mother wants to kill me. No--I don't think I'm okay." 

"Just relax alright? You've been through a lot. I'm not talking about now, but forever." He rested his hand on my shoulders and pulled me to his chest. 

"Lucca," I muttered awkwardly. I wasn't used to public affection yet. 

"Just let me okay?" He kissed the inside on my hand, then the side of my check. "You wanted to go check on Alpha Peyton right?" 

I nodded. "Is she awake?" 

"Only Alpha Soren would know, he's extremely protective over his family." 

"I can imagine, he just got his family back. I think he's still freaked out over the last few days." 

We headed to the cabin and found three of Alpha Soren's best men standing guard. Nathan noticed me first and walked over to greet us. 

"Hey Selene, how are you feeling." Nathan asked. 

He was completely oblivious to Lucca glaring at him. 

"I'm feeling better now. Can you ask Alpha Soren if he would be okay for us to come inside? I would really like to see, or maybe know how Alpha Peyton is doing. And her baby, how is he?" 

"Soren hasn't named him yet. He wants to wait for Peyton to wake up but the guy and I have decided to call him Soren Jr. when our Alpha isn't around." he chuckled. "As for Alpha Peyton, she hasn't moved an inch since Soren transferred her in there." He motioned to the cabin. 

"How are the kids?" I asked them. 

"It was smart of you to hid them. Our pack and Alpha owes you a lot for protecting the future of our pack. Alpha Soren is a good man, I'm sure he will offer you anything you desire for your honorable actions." 

I blushed. "Thanks, but anyone would have done what I did." 

"But it was you, not anyone else. You were there. You did something. Therefore you are the one that deserves the praise." The light brunette with dark grey eyes, said behind Nathan. "I'm Eric, by the way. Nice to meet you." 

"I'm Christian, Soren is my distant cousin." The youngest of the group said. Christian shared only the same strong jaw as Alpha Soren, but that was it. He was probably a couple years older than Lucca, but he didn't have that stone face that older men in the pack have. 

"He doesn't let anyone forget that." Nathan laughed and elbowed Christian from the side, causing him to fall over. 

Out of instinct, I reached forward to help him, but Christian threw his feet up and tried to kick Nathan in the groin, but missed.