Chapter 35

[Selene]

"Stay here."

"Are you kidding me?"

He shook his head. "I'm serious. Stay here."

"No, I'm coming with you."

"Selene, don't test my patience. I will tie you down if you persist on arguing with me."

He wouldn't--would he?

"I'm coming with YOU." I glared at him.

He looked ready to snap a nerve, but instead he surprised me by blowing a breath and running a hand through his already disheveled hair. "I won't be able to concentrate with you there." he said with a calm voice. "You will distract me."

"Then pretend I'm not there." I held my chin up and had both hands on my hips.

Back was his frustrated expression. "You know how hard that is?!"

Of course I knew how hard it was not to think of my mate. Looking at Lucca sometimes makes every inch of me tingle. I was so lucky he is mine. Handsome. Rugged. Tall. Lean. Every beautiful aspect of this irritating, pompous male is mine.

Urg, I can't believe I'm thinking like this! It's embarrassing.

"Selene, don't look at me like that"

A hand on my wrist pulled me to a stop. I was pulled back into a familiar warm solid surface. I tilted my head back and it rested above his shoulder bone. His hand stretched over my flat stomach and slid up right bellow my chest.

"Like what?" I played coy.

"Like you want to attack me," He whispered behind my ear. We weren't arguing anymore and suddenly the room started to feel warm.

Chills ran down my spine and the mark on my neck tingled. I turned my head so that my nose touched the bottom of his jaw.

He smelt so good.

"What if I do?" I whispered.

I can't believe I'm behaving so ...love-struck.

I felt the small vibration that radiated off his chest. "Don't say stuff like that if you aren't serious."

"Am I ever not serious?"

"Gawd, Selene...you are killing me. When have you become so...teasing?"

He held me tighter and I felt like I could stay in his arms forever.