Chapter 40

[Lucca]

"I love you. Oh god, I missed you so much. I couldn't sleep knowing you were away from my arms. My wolf was going nuts, I thought I was going to go insane. If Alpha Soren hadn't help me rein my wolf in, I would have probably stored in here and ripped everything apart until I found you. Martha...I can't believe you didn't tell me I'm going to be a father sooner."

"I missed you two." Martha sobbed.

The couple continued to relish each other's reunion in tears and tender spoken words.

Where the hell did Alpha Soren go and why hasn't he broken us out yet?

My body has almost completely healed, but my side was still in pain because the skin had healed over the bullet that was still lodged in my side. I had no doubt the process of removing it out would be twice as painful.

"We have to get out of here." Beta Luca muttered.

"We've tried." Mandy, Martha's mother said.

"The bars are made of silver. It burned my arms when I tried to break them."

A belligerent growl erupted from Beta Luca. "Are your arms feeling better? Did it scar? Is the baby okay?" He choked between words. "It's so hard to believe our baby is growing in your stomach."

Martha chuckled. "We'll celebrate as soon as we get out of here safely."

"The man that came in with you...is he Alpha Lucca?" Martha asked in a whisper, but I heard.

"Yes. He was shot a few hours ago. I wasn't able to analyze the damage, so I don't know the status of his condition. I just hope it isn't severe."

"He's been really quiet."

I would have responded and told them I was fine, except for the pain, but if the hunters were silently guarding us, I didn't want them knowing my condition. For now, I'm just going to wait for the perfect moment.

[Richard Grant POV]

SMACK

"You're a tough mutt aren't you?"

SMACK

I bit my lip as hard as I could to control the scream that would have escaped my lips. Excruciating pain rippled across my back, arms and legs as the crop hit my skin. Some parts of my body were so numb, I couldn't feel whether the leather slap my skin or not. My hands were tied behind my back and a blindfold covered my sight. I could sense one person in the room and he was the one inflicting my pain.

"You're lucky you're alive. Most of your kind get killed on the spot. I don't get why the boss decided to keep you."

My ears picked up the sound of heals clacking near the door, before someone entered the room.

"Stop." The voice says and I immediately know who the individual was.

I growl at her.

She chuckles and I hear her come closer.

My head spins towards her direction, but the chains on my ankles hold me in place and I end up falling on my chest.

"Falling for me?" She giggles.

Her laughter makes me angrier.

"Nora, just spit it out already and leave." I bark.