17. encore...

A/N:
So as I read previous chapters, to pull out info, I just now realize how cringey some parts are. This is definitely going under major reconstruction in the future, long after this story is done.
***

Ayden's POV

     "No. No, no no no."

     I stared at the flames eating at the mansion, barely turning off my car as I had rushed out. This couldn't be happening. They had to have gotten him out by now right?! Where the fuck was he?

     "Ayden!" Derrick's voice had broken through the chaos, getting my attention and instantly I had rushed past the crowd of people to get to him.

     "Where's Charlie?"

     Derrick pursed his lips and instantly I knew that they hadn't gotten him out yet. I panicked, grabbing my hair and pacing quickly. "No. They have to go and get him, fuck Derrick, they can't let him die!" I yelled. Through my crazed panic and fear, the overwhelming thoughts of actually going in there had passed through my conscious mind and while it was asinine, the thought had seemed so reasonable.

     "I just want to help him, I want to save him!"

     "You can't save everyone Ayden. You know that." Derrick said, gripping my shoulder in somewhat of a comforting way. Comfortable was the last thing that I had associated with Derrick though. In that moment I could only register the anger that I had towards him and the situation.

     He was so calm and I hated it. He didn't care...in my mind, he couldn't have cared, with an expression so blank. Pissed, I shoved him away from me, watching as he stumbled back. 

     "I had told you-you fucking bastard! I had told you something bad was going to happen and you didn't even make an attempt to care!" In the back of my mind, some little rational part had told me that it hadn't really been Derrick's fault. That he didn't understand what was going in Charlie's life but I needed to get this frustration out somehow.

     "Your people will find out about Charlie, you said. Okay, so why the fuck isn't your people here preventing this?!"

     "Ayd-"

     "No! Fuck you Derrick! Fuck you, fuck the agency, fuck the other dancers, fuck your people, fuck Bradley, and fuck Cameron! Fuck everybody!" I didn't even allow the man to respond as I pushed my way through the people, refusing to talk to anyone. I had even refused to look at the burning house, the pain of this entire  situation killing me.