8. my sunshine away...

Ayden's POV

     Charlie's soft breathing filled my ears, his legs intertwined with mine and his face buried within the crook of my neck. I ran my fingers through the strands of his hair, smiling softly as he reacted, bringing his hand to my chest, and curling his fingers against my skin. If someone would've told me that I would be laying with Charlie like this, I wouldn't have believed them, hating them instantly for fucking with my feelings.

     Yet, here we were. I held him protectively as the sound of his phone went off, causing him to stiffen in my arms. "Ignore it." I muttered. As soon as I had said that, he had relaxed, pressing his lips against my neck.

     "I have to go back sooner or later.. "

     "Why?"

     Charlie remained silent for a moment, his fingers occasionally uncurling and curling again. A sigh passed through his lip. "I...I just don't want to piss him off more than he already is."

     "Charlie, why don't you just leave? There are people that'll help you, I'll help you. There's no reason to stay."

     "No, Ayden, it's not that easy, I've tried before, trust me. He knows too many people, he'll find me. He probably already knows I'm here." His voice faltered towards the end and he moved to get away from me. Internally, I complained about the loss of his warmth.

     Conflict was passing through his eyes as he sat up. "I have to go." He muttered, getting up. Well, trying to at least, stumbling and falling on the ground in the process. A string of curses left his mouth before he turned to glare at me. I couldn't help the laugh. "Aw, are you okay."

     "Of course I'm not okay!" Charlie snapped, grabbing his shirt from the ground. "My ass hurts."

     "Do you want me to kiss it better." At my words, Charlie blushed, turning away from me quickly and slipping his shirt on.

     "It'll go away."

     I smiled softly, watching as he searched around the living room for his jeans. Once again his phone started to ring and this time, he actually looked at the caller ID. His body visibly relaxed before swiping at his phone.

     "Bradley." He said as he began to get dressed. "What? No, I'm over Ayden's, don't worry." Charlie stood up, his eyes scanning over the room. While he did this, I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him down to my chest, holding him tightly. "Please don't go." I whispered in his other ear.

     "O-okay, I have to go Bradley. I'll talk to you later." Charlie hung the phone up and tried to escape from my grip. "Ayden, you already know I have to, let me go."

     "What will Cameron do, come in here and take you from me? Get a punch and a kick in?"

     "I dont want to take the chance."

     "Take the chance of him hurting me, when you're just going back so that he can hurt you? I don't want to take the chance." I mocked, gripping him tighter when he had almost escaped my grip. "I. Refuse."

     "Fuck Ayden!" Charlie exclaimed, finally giving up, and laying back against my chest with his eyes shut. "I'd rather get hurt before anyone else does. I didn't even want anyone to know about this, it's a mistake that you even slightly know.This isn't how it's supposed to be." He began to struggle once again but I was so much stronger than him. Charlie was too fragile, he was too weak and Cameron had probably conditioned it.

     I looked at Charlie's face. "Charlie, why won't you open your eyes?"

     "Because if I open my eyes, I'll cry." He laid his head back on my shoulder.