Chapter 4 Anette

I tried to move my leg so I could go back to sleep. I moved it over and felt something touch it. A tingle went up my spine, and I jumped. Landing me a spot on the floor next to my bed. The something in my bed sat up and looked down at me. It was Hope. She gave me a questioning look and helped me up.

"You scared me. I didn't realize that you stayed with me all night."

"Sorry" she replied, "I didn't mean to. I just got tired and fell asleep unexpectedly."

After a few moments of tired conversation I ushered her out to get ready for the day.

I went to my closet and grabbed my outfit for the day. It was just casual clothes since it was a day off. I grabbed a white flowy tank top, and some light wash skinny jeans. I went to the bathroom next and grabbed a brush. Trying to run it through the strawberry blonde curly mass that I referred to as hair. I eventually gave up and pulled it up into a bun on the top of my head and ran downstairs for breakfast. I. Was. Starving.

When I got down there everyone stopped talking. They all just looked at me.
"What" I questioned. Wonder if I had something on my shirt.

Finally someone speaks up.

"What are you wearing."

I though for a moment before asking,

" What do you mean?"

"Aren't you going on the mission?"

Shoot. Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. I forgot all about that. I could feel heat rising in my cheeks. I ran back upstairs before anyone could say anything else. I quickly changed my outfit to right black leggings, a plain white tee shirt, a leather jacket, combat boots, and my usual weapons. I quickly ran back downstairs, hoping that no one was still in there.

Just my luck. Apparently I had been so fast that no one. I mean NO ONE was done yet. I felt heat forming in my cheeks for the second time that day as I walked to the counter to grab something for breakfast.

I quickly finished eating and headed to the common room ( like a living room) to relax before I had to go to in my mission. I was excited. But also nervous. I hadn't been on a mission in a while.

The chair was so comfortable. The room just the right temperature. I tried to keep myself awake for the sake of my dignity, and the fact that the other girls night prank me if I do fall asleep. I fought hard, but the comforts of the common room won the war. I slowly drifted off into a peaceful sleep.......

Finally, here you are. Thank you to my small army of readers who continue to stick to it even though I'm terrible at updating.

~xoxo Me