Vicky took several steps back, as if Autism was some sort of infectious disease. "Why is she outside? She should be locked up or something—this isn't safe!"

I was shocked beyond words. What the fucking hell did she just say?

"What...did you say?" The sound that came out of my mouth was foreign. It wasn't me. It was fury. It was fury speaking in dangerously soft tones.

The calm before the storm.

The bitch frowned, as if confused at my anger. And then it hit her—I saw her eyes grow bigger and her mouth dropped.

"Oh I get it—she's your sister!" Vicky voiced in shock, pointing at Giselle and then at me. "Oh. My. God. I can't believe I talked to the sibling of an Autistic person."

It felt like I had been stabbed several times and hung upside down.

"That's why you're hanging out with him," She jabbed a rude finger at Chip, "the weirdo. All of you are weirdoes. OhmyGod. Ew. All of you should be locked up! You don't deserve—"

Slap.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"How can you say something like that?"

Vicky clutched her cheek in her hand, her mouth agape. "Ugh! Did you just slap me?" Her melodramatic voice attracted much attention from passers-by.

"What you said was terrible. Take. Back. Your. Words."

Chip?

Chip was glaring at Vicky, a fierce anger in his blue orbs—something I've never seen before. 

"And why should I—"

"Who are you to comment on other people's appearances? Who are you to demand people to be locked up?" His small chest heaved heavily, and his grip on Giselle's hand tightened as if protectively.

"What?" Was all the whore could say—her face contorted and twisted with disbelief and annoyance at things not going her way.

"Who do you think you are? Going around hurting people's feelings. Have you no heart? Has Giselle done anything wrong to you?"

"No, but—" 

"Then why would you pick on her? You can pick on me—that's fine. But please, just leave Xander and Giselle alone!"

The last sentence hit me hard, and I realized that Chip's lower lip was trembling. His face was red—not from embarrassment, but from holding back.

Anyone could tell that he was on the verge of tears.

"F-Fine, whatever," Vicky took a step back, huffed, and sashayed back to her group of friends (who were currently in shock).

When I turned my attention back to Chip, he was gone.

My eyes darted around instinctively, searching for the small frame. I caught him rounding a corner, running away.

"Chip? Chip—wait!" I grabbed Giselle's hand and pulled her along in attempt to catch up with my angel.

"Chip! Where are you going—"