"Crystal, wake up!" My dad shouted. "Time for school!"

I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. I pulled my blanket off my body, sitting on the side of my bed. I got ready for school and walked slowly down the stairs.

I left my house, walking to the bus stop. When I arrived at the bus stop, I half expected William to be waiting there for me, but he wasn't. I cried due to the fact there was a possibility I would never see William again. Why did I drag him into this? Because, Crystal... you're selfish.

My bus arrived, taking me to school. A ding went off as I walked to class. Fortunately, it wasn't the unknown number. It was William's mother.

William's Mom: Crystal, if you could possibly come over after school, I'd appreciate it.

Although I didn't want to, I owed it to her and William.

Me: Of course. I'll be over after school.

I walked to first period, wanting to forget about William for a bit.

"In the late 1800's, a man by the name of George Willoughby used a very deadly posion named 'Ricinus' or also known as 'ricin' to kill another man named Dylan Rogers." Mr. Allen said.

"How long did it take for the ricin to kill him?" I asked.

"Well, according to science and history, Ricin can up to 48 to 72 hours to kill you. After 24 hours, the posion will have effected your body and you will obtain a fever which will then turn into the flu and it will get worse and worse." Mr. Allen responded.

An idea sparked in my head. It was sick, yet better than being stabbed to death. My supposed victim who was given by the unknown number I was supposed to kill needed to die in order to reach William. It was all part of the treasure hunt, I guess.

I thought I could maybe poison my victim, making it untraceable to me and it meant no cleanup. It was perfect, yet how the hell would I get my hands on ricin?

"How is ricin made?" I asked.

"Ricin can be made from castor beans which grow in Africa but are grown throughout the U.S. in gardens and private property, especially here in California."

Success was near.

Lunch came and I anticipated for my lunch. "Here you go, sweetheart." The lunch lady said, serving me fresh mashed potatoes flooded in gravy and two large pieces of fried chicken. "Thank you," I replied. I sat at my table, again half expecting William to be beside, but he wasn't there either.

Caleb sat next to me. "Are you okay, Crystal?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. Maybe, because William went missing? It's all over the school. People have started putting 'come back soon' cards on his locker and shit."

I ignored Caleb for a bit, causing him to speak again.

"Do you know what happened to William, Crystal?"

"If I did, he wouldn't be missing," I replied aggressively.

"Okay, I was just asking."

Caleb spoke again, "Are you going to the school dance tonight?"

"I don't know."

Jasmine, one of the girls in Joslyn's crew approached me and Caleb. I wasn't going to go through her bullshit. Not today.

"Hey, Double-Bagger," Jasmine said, her friends laughing.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" I asked.