17) 'Sex Or No Sex?' And Other Questions That, At Least According To Pi, Have...

Start from the beginning

It got even scarier when he saw Thijmen walking up to him and he felt his stomach do a flip. And just for the sake of it, it did another one when Thijmen smiled at him. He resisted the urge to punch his own guts to make it stop.

"Oh, here comes Ben's future husband," Pi remarked after he noticed Benjamin silently shitting his pants at the sight of Thijmen.

"Yo, Thijmen," Martin said, making an attempt to make his voice lower, which was quite impossible with his vocal chords.

"Hi, Marvolo, how's it going?"

Martin scowled, muttering something about how it's going absolutely bloody awful because he still didn't get his name right, but Thijmen had already lost interest in him and turned to Benjamin. The only thing he did was smile and say "hey" and Benjamin freaked out, but he didn't run away, because he didn't want to get yelled at and/or get ignored by Thijmen again. So he squeaked out, "Hey."

About eight seconds later he'd find out running would have seemed for the best, because an awkward silence ensued. Or maybe it was just him. Thijmen, with his notgiveafuckist attitude, just kind of nodded and walked away.

"Idiot," said Pi.

"Shh."

"Thijmen had a sex face," said Heston, which made all of the squad freak out of fear that the Dutch guy had heard. Fortunately, he didn't (and if he did, he just ignored them).

But Benjamin felt strange at seeing Thijmen's back move further away, so he had a little internal dilemma, switching from foot to foot, trying to decide what to do until he almost couldn't see Thijmen anymore. He glanced at his friends one more time, before picking his bag up from the floor and running after Thijmen.

He heard Pi calling his name after him, but that wasn't important anymore. Its importance had just been reduced to collecting cloths, tusks and plates and whatever else useless clutter the Skyrim creators had put into their game.

Just like Benjamin had expected, Thijmen was beyond surprised that he joined him. He let out a chuckle. "Who are you and what have you done to Benjamin?"

"Hi," said Benjamin.

"Why, thanks for answering."

"Can I walk with you?"

"No."

Benjamin froze.

Thijmen stopped, too, then rolled his eyes. "It was a joke, Bennie, come on."

He saved himself the effort of replying with 'I knew that' for a change, nodded, and then walked beside Thijmen to class. It would've been pretty fancy and all, if not for the fact they reached class around 0.0089 seconds later but, either way, he figured it was progress.

Only because he was feeling a sudden rush of confidence, he even sat down beside Thijmen. That's where it ended, though. He wanted to talk with Thijmen, but he didn't really know about what.

The guy glanced at him a few times. Benjamin wondered what he was thinking. Was he thinking about how that one curl on the side of Ben's head was sticking out in a weird angle? Or was he thinking about how socks could stay up without having to pull on them, because Benjamin asked himself that every day. Or was he thinking about their date?

When Thijmen said his name, he almost banged his knees against the underside of his desk in surprise.

"Yeah?"

"Did you have fun yesterday?"

Benjamin sunk down into his chair a little, a blush creeping up his neck to settle on his cheeks, but he didn't get to answer Thijmen.