④② 🧡 Wattpad Help: Getting Others Involved ➋

In this installation, we go over how to do random (etc) books, and community profiles!

Random & Update Books

Just go out there and vibe with it

Sometimes you won't have new stories to post. Still, it's nice to keep up your presence on Wattpad. You can do this with random, poetry, or update books. Sometimes your book can incorporate all three and more, as my book "Twice a Week" does. What's great about these books is that they're quick to write. Where it takes a ton of effort to write and finish a novel, it takes hardly any to post what's on your mind.

Random books can have opinions, music, art, reviews, gifs, thoughts, tips, poetry, whatever. Things that occur to you, consider posting them!

Poetry can be hard to write and is obviously a true and powerful art form; nonetheless, you might find it easier to write poetry week-to-week than chapters in your novel. We'll go in-depth about poetry later!

Update books are there to keep your readers "in the know" about where you are, both in terms of your health and your writing career. Tell them how the writing is going, how you're succeeding or struggling, and tell them when to expect your next chapter or work!

People who don't even have many reads on their main books can be successful just by creating an entertaining rant book or diary. It's a great thing to supplement any profile and is a tried and true way to engage with friends and followers.

Community Profiles

You can find all kinds of initiatives on Wattpad. TalkThePOC, ProjectWomanUp, and FreeTheLGBT are all fantastic examples from the community.

If you feel strongly about a project, go get involved! Tag your book with one of their tags and help build their community. The more you involve yourself in other communities, the more people will involve themselves in your community.

 The more you involve yourself in other communities, the more people will involve themselves in your community

And if you're making your own community, just remember that you need to treat it like a user profile. It takes work, but it can be rewarding and involve you with a lot of people who might not have stopped at your personal profile. And the more friends the merrier!

Hope some of these ideas helped!