Chapter 6: Are we blessed?

Ji Won was bored. Well, that was common since Ji Won was easily bored but at the moment he felt the itch to do something, anything than just laying on the couch, watching some boring TV shows. The only upside was that he could lay his head in Sung Hun's lap, relax in his touch.

Sung Hun's parents had left thirty minutes ago. It was a weekday so they had to work. Ji Won was really glad that they had the week off. And the fact that he and Sung Hun had the whole house for themselves was a huge bonus. There was no one to disturb them, not the loud boys or the all too sharp Mrs. Kang and her husband.

But if only he wasn't so bored.

Ji Won glanced at Sung Hun who was absentmindedly stroking his head in a sweet and gentle motion. Ji Won wasn't sure if Sung Hun was interested in the show but if his bored expression was the indicator then he was quite sure that Sung Hun was bored too. Ji Won decided to change that.

"Hun-aaah, I'm bored. Let's play some games, eh?" Ji Won complained in Sung Hun's lap, drawing Sung Hun's attention to him.

"Hmmm? Okay, Hyung. Let's do that", Sung Hun replied smiling down at Ji Won.

But neither of them made any move to turn on the game console. Ji Won was lost in the other deep, dark eyes which he could easily drown in and not have any need for breathing.

Sung Hun's hand had stopped caressing Ji Won's hair and slowly moved to touch his lips instead. The touch was as light as feather, only a soft caress. Ji Won lifted his own hand to his face, taking hold of Sung Hun's hand. Then he softly kissed each of Sung Hun's fingers, keeping them in place with his hand. Sung Hun's fingers were so soft. Ji Won looked at Sung Hun as he pressed a kiss to the next finger. Sung Hun was looking at his hand, his lips moving slightly every time Ji Won's lips touched his fingers.

As Ji Won pressed the last kiss, Sung Hun started leaning down. Ji Won didn't divert his gaze from Sung Hun's eyes as he leaned closer. He was slowly becoming more and more anticipating.

Then the moment was completely ruined.

Sounds of the front door opening and slamming shut reached Ji Won's ears, and in a flash he was up from Sung Hun's lap. And not a second later someone entered the living room.

"Oppa! You're home. And Ji Won Oppa too!" Kang Yoon Ji, Sung Hun's little sister cried out as she noticed the two boys sitting on the couch. She rarely saw her brother so Ji Won understood her joy when seeing her brother is home. Fortunately, for him, it meant that she was too happy to notice the small blush on her brother's cheeks or how uncomfortable he, himself, looked.

"Yoon Ji-ah! Where have you been?" Sung Hun asked, meeting her halfway the living room to hug her. She gladly put her hands around her brother's neck.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" she asked teasingly, all smiles.

Sung Hun laughed in response. "I asked mother earlier about your whereabouts but she was just as clueless. I hope you're not doing anything unfavorable." Ji Won could see that Sung Hun had his full big-brother mode on. Ji Won found him cute, being protective and caring over his little sister.

"I'd never. Well, only on occasion", she added the last part as she noticed his brother's meaningful gaze.

"But, Ji Won Oppa! It has been long since I have last seen you around", she quickly diverted her attention to him, escaping further interrogation.

"Yes, it's nice to see you too Yoon Ji", Ji Won smiled, amused. She and Sung Hun had many similarities.

"What were you doing before I came?" Yoon Ji asked, turning to look at Sung Hun again.

And of course Sung Hun's blush came back in full force. Even Ji Won couldn't keep his embarrassment completely hidden. Sung Hun started to stutter an answer.

"We, uhh, did nothing special. We, actually.. We were going to start gaming", he finished, probably remembering what they had been supposed to do before something entirely different almost happened.

Yoon Ji eyed her brother suspiciously. Then she nodded slowly. "Okay, well, can I join you?"

"Yeah, if it's okay with Hyung", Sung Hun turned to Ji Won and as he nodded in agreement turned back towards Yoon Ji. "But don't think I'm satisfied with your answer", he threatened her.

"Yeah, yeah. And neither I'm with yours", she shot back.

Sung Hun quickly closed his mouth and turned to prepare the game for them. Ji Won watched in amusement, the siblings really resembled each other a lot.

"Hyung, what are you doing just standing there? Come here and help me", Sung Hun commanded, annoyed by his sister's comeback.

"Of course, your highness", Ji Won chuckled out loud and walked to Sung Hun, intending to help him. First Sung Hun stared at him, probably debating whether to say something or not, then he just turned around and let Ji Won help him.

Ji Won smiled warmly, his boyfriend was just so cute. He ruffled Sung Hun's hair gently, before setting the game ready.

************

Yoon Ji eyed his brother carefully as he played with Ji Won. He looked the same but still so different. She wasn't sure what it was but her brother seemed kind of lighter and happier. Of course, her brother had always been bright and joyful but never to this extent.

And then there was the inexplicable shyness. He just blushed over and over again. Her brother was not the shy type, not at least in Yoon Ji's memory. Unless her brother had...

A crush.

That was it, her brother liked someone. Yoon Ji was sure of it. But the question in her mind was that, who that someone is.

Yoon Ji studied her brother a bit more. He was acting really touchy with Ji Won, more than usual. She was used to her brother and his friend being really close but never to that extent. It was just the way their touches seemed more thoughtful, more meaningful, like there was a hidden message, which she didn't see, in every touch.

"Oppa", she called after Sung Hun had lost another game to Ji Won. She knew it was useless for her brother to dream of winning against Ji Won, he was just so much better.

"What is it, Yoon Ji-ah?" Sung Hun turned to look at her fully.

"Do you have someone you like?" she went straight to the point since she had no point not to and she wanted to know who had captured her brother's heart.

"Wha.. what? What gave you that kind of idea?" he asked, baffled.

Yoon Ji smirked. "Don't try to deny it. It's all over you. Just tell me."

Sung Hun glanced quickly at Ji Won which she found a little weird but she disregarded it.

"I, I.. No! I won't tell you", he refused.

Yoon Ji sighed. "I'll tell you where I was. It'll be like trading secrets. Please, Oppa."

That at least got his attention. He seemed to be really considering it. After a while he, again, glanced at Ji Won. The gaze they shared seemed to hold a lot of meaning since it lasted quite long and after a while had gone by Ji Won nodded. That seemed to be the final decision as Sung Hun turned towards her again.

"Okay-"

"Yes!" she couldn't conceal her excitement and just had to shout out loud.

"But, I need you to keep this as a secret, okay?" Sung Hun said seriously.

Yoon Ji couldn't imagine how his crush could be so(such a) serious thing but nevertheless she nodded (in agreement). "I understand, Oppa."

"Good", he replied. But then, he seemed to hesitate again and that almost got her annoyed.

Before she could say anything Ji Won took Sung Hun's hand in his and said encouragingly, "We can trust her, and we need to start somewhere." That seemed to relax her brother and he took a deep breath. Yoon Ji was becoming more suspicious.

"Okay, well the thing is that the person I like is... Ji Won Hyung,"

"What?"

"And, we're dating."

"What!?"

************

"Well, it could have gone worse."

Sung Hun agreed. His little sister had taken the news quite well, considering her brother had turned out to be gay. And he was so thankful to her as she had accepted him almost immediately, not counting the first shock of hearing the news. After he had set off the bomb his sister had just stared at him in shock, probably not believing what he had just confessed. But after a while she had shaken her head, as if clearing her thoughts, and smiled at him warmly. Then, out of the blue, she had hugged him tightly, murmuring 'it's okay' in his ear. Then Sung Hun had had a hard time keeping his tears, which were threatening to fall, in check.

He had no idea how his parents would react if they ever found out the truth but he was deeply relieved that his sister was on his side, at least. And Ji Won, he was also by his side.

Sung Hun glanced at his boyfriend with whom he was still gaming with. He seemed to be fully focused on the game but Sung Hun knew better. Sung Hun had won the last three games and he knew it was not a coincidence. Ji Won was letting him win.

"What? Did Ji Won Oppa lose?" came Yoon Ji's surprised voice behind them.

Yoon Ji had a moment ago excused herself to get her schoolwork from her room but apparently she was back.

"No, he is letting me win", Sung Hun replied, glaring at Ji Won.

"No I'm not", Ji Won denied, crossing his arms. Sung Hun rolled his eyes.

"Yes, you are", he pressed on. He didn't like Ji Won going on easy on him just because he found him weak.

"Only 'cause you always sulk after you lose."

"I do not!"

"Yeah, you do."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Ahem", his sister's voice got his attention. He turned to look at her questioningly. She sighed. "You do sulk", she pointed out, and Ji Won grinned at that.

Sung Hun looked incredulously at her and then at Ji Won's snickering face. Then he sighed. "Okay, but I promise not to do it this time", he promised, looking hopefully at Ji Won.

"Don't believe you", Ji Won replied coldly.

"Please, Hyuuuung", Sung Hun pleaded, putting his cuteness act on. But Ji Won only shook his head in response.

Sung Hun got an idea but he was not sure whether he should do it in front of his sister or not. He glanced at Yoon Ji and as she just smiled and nodded, indicating she wouldn't mind whatever he was about to do, Sung Hun felt affection swelling in his chest. His sister was so precious.

He then lean in towards Ji Won and quickly pecked his cheek.

That got the exact reaction as he had wanted. Ji Won was startled, turned to look at Sung Hun with an expression which was a mix of affection, want and fleeting resistance. But his eyes glanced at Yoon Ji and his cheeks turned pinkish.

"Well, will you play fair?" Sung Hun prompted, smiling happily. Ji Won turned to look at him and Sung Hun knew he had won even before Ji Won opened his mouth to say, "Okay."

Sung Hun's smile turned satisfied. He quickly gave Ji Won a pat on his shoulder. "Thanks", he said, and glanced at his little sister. Yoon Ji winked at him and Sung Hun couldn't conceal a little chuckle escaping his mouth.

"Let's play together Yoon Ji-ah. Let's beat Hyung", he said, motioning for her to come play with them.

"Like you could ever win", Ji Won sneered.

"We'll see about that, Wonnie", Sung Hun replied with a sugar coated voice, smiling sweetly at his boyfriend and sent him a flying kiss. Next to him, his sister made a vomiting voice while, at the same time, Ji Won blushed embarrassed.

"That's just too much. The kiss is okay but that is just too.. eww. If you won't stop that, I'm gonna leave", she announced.

Sung Hun smiled affectionately at her and ruffled her hair.

"That brings us to an another topic we were supposed to discuss about. Tell me, sister dear, where were you?", Sung Hun wasn't going to forget the other part of their deal.

Yoon Ji had clearly hoped he would forget hence, she sighed unhappily and almost sadly. That only aroused his interest even more. She began,

"Oppa, you know how our parents have been since you joined Sechskies." Sung Hun nodded, knowing how well their parents had been burdened.

"When they saw how you have to live and how hard it is, they have been trying to make sure I won't do anything even similar to you", she continued.

Sung Hun nodded, understanding what she was saying. His career choice was not the easiest one. "Singing for profession doesn't always guarantee a good income."

"That's the problem. I can't even do something I enjoy for fun 'cause they fear I'll end up like you. Not in a bad way of course but you know what I mean. They won't even let me go to karaoke or friends' to sing for fun. They just want to keep me home and force me to study all the time and I'm fed up with it. That's where I was, at my friend's house. Singing. In secret, from our parents."

Sung Hun was taken aback. He hadn't even thought his parents would be so scared of what his future would become that they would make sure Yoon Ji wouldn't make the same choice. And they had taken it too far, to the point of not even letting his sister sing as a hobby or a way to fill up her spare time.

He looked at his sister. She looked hurt and offended and Sung Hun felt that it was partially his fault. He leaned in and gently wrapped his arms around her petite form. Yoon Ji immediately buried her head in his chest and grabbed a hold of his shirt.

"I'm sorry, Yoon Ji-ah. I'm sorry", Sung Hun whispered to his sister, gently stroking her back. "It must have been hard for you, I'm sorry." Yoon Ji just tightened her hold of his shirt.

Suddenly Sung Hun felt a warm hand on his own shoulder and he turned to look at the owner of the hand. Ji Won was watching him quietly and thoughtfully.

Ji Won gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze and motioned towards the door. Sung Hun realised he wanted to give them a moment alone and nodded, gratefully. Ji Won gave him a fond smile and left the living room. Sung Hun watched his back as he left and wondered, how could he ever have gotten such a good person. He felt something more than just liking towards Ji Won building up in his chest.

"It's not your fault Oppa", Yoon Ji quietly said, voice muffled due to his chest. Sung Hun hugged her a little tighter.

"Without me you wouldn't have to suffer this much. If I hadn't chosen to become a singer-"

"But singing is your passion."

"It's yours too", Sung Hun remarked, lifting Yoon Ji from his chest so he could look into her eyes, "And that's why I'll talk to mom, don't worry."

Yoon Ji's eyes shined with unshed tears and she nodded gratefully, "Thanks, Oppa."

Sung Hun smiled at her warmly and for a while they just stayed like that, watching each other. Slowly Yoon Ji's expression changed from sincere to teasing. And Sung Hun didn't like that expression at all.

"You do know, Oppa, Ji Won Oppa's quite handsome", she said smirking.

Sung Hun rolled his eyes, "Of course he is, don't say you like him?" he teased her.

"No, wouldn't dream of stealing him from you. Like that would be even possible since he can't take his eyes of you", Yoon Ji replied and grinned satisfied at Sung Hun's blush. Then she continued, "You better get him back here since it'll be boring to play without him."

"Yeah, I'll go get him", Sung Hun stood up and practically ran out of the room in embarrassment. He was sure he heard his sister laugh as he fled out of the room.

He found Ji Won in the kitchen, sitting on a stool and drinking soda. Sung Hun walked up to him and sneaked his arms around Ji Won's lean body from behind. Ji Won put his free hand over Sung Hun's.

"Is everything okay?" Ji Won asked, concerned.

Sung Hun hummed in agreement. "Yeah." They stayed in their positions for a while, Sung Hun always felt content near Ji Won. They could feel each other's heartbeats and soon enough their heart was beating as one. 

Sung Hun didn't know how much time had passed until he heard his sister yell from the living room. "Oppas! If you're not here in fifteen seconds, I'm gonna come find you and you better not be making out!"

Ji Won and Sung Hun both chuckled. Ji Won turned around in Sung Hun's arms and set his soda on the table.

"We better go before she comes, Hyung", Sung Hun said, detaching himself from the hug. But Ji Won kept a hold of his hand, not letting him go away.

"What is it, Hyung?" Sung Hun asked.

"She gave me an excellent idea", Ji Won smirked and kissed him.

At first Sung Hun couldn't resist Ji Won's inviting and irresistible lips and shortly after, he kissed him back. He could feel Ji Won grinning in the kiss. Their lips were moving with the other, tongues were grazing on the other's lips and slightly touching the other's tongue. But then he remembered his sister in the next room and quickly pulled away.

"She'll really come", he panted, a little out of breath.

"She already knows", Ji Won replied and tried to lean in again but Sung Hun quickly stepped away, putting his hands on Ji Won's chest to stop him.

"She's my little sister. And the game is still on, I'll win this time", Sung Hun took Ji Won's hand in his and pulled him towards the living room instead.

"Just don't blame me when you lose. And if I  win every game you must promise me that we'll continue from where we left before Yoon Ji came."

"You bet", Sung Hun was sure he would win at least one game.

...

Several games later, Sung Hun had a promise that needs to be fulfilled.

***********