Chapter 2: Platonic Love

"Argh, I give up!", Sung Hun had been studying for his science exam three hours already, and it didn't seem that he had learnt anything. He just couldn't understand any of the formulas or theories. He was totally fed up with science. He wished that he would had been old enough to study these kind of theories when he was still in Korea. In Hawaii he had lessons with youngsters older than him, and he couldn't help finding the lessons challenging for him.

"On what? On the staring competition with your school book?" Came a sound from the location of the door. Ji Won was standing there, smiling, watching Sung Hun sulk over his school work. Sung Hun snapped his head towards Ji Won, looking overly annoyed.

"NO. I have an exam tomorrow and I don't understand a thing", Sung Hun was always a good student and he got great grades but at the moment he felt like he would get his first failed result. And he didn't want to experience that. Ji Won watched Sung Hun carefully. There was no way to guess what he was thinking.

"Make some space", Ji Won said, coming over to Sung Hun's side. Sung Hun turned to look at Ji Won, questioning gaze covering his face. But he moved a bit either way, to give Ji Won enough space next to him. They were in the small living room of their apartment. Ji Won sat down next to him.

"Give me those books", Ji Won said to Sung Hun who obediently gave his science books to Ji Won. Ji Won browsed through the books quickly, while Sung Hun eyed him curiously.

Without noticing, Sung Hun started to examine Ji Won's facial features. For the first time Sung Hun noticed just how handsome Ji Won actually was. Of course, Sung Hun had known since they met that Ji Won was good looking and attracting with his bad boy looks but this was the first time Sung Hun had studied Ji Won's face this closely. Now he understood why the girls in their school always did a double take whenever Ji Won walked past them.

Sung Hun remembered one time when, he had only been in Hawaii for a short while, Ji Won had shown him places around the island. Some girls had come to talk to them and one of them had said that she was jealous of Sung Hun because he had such a hot boyfriend and how he was a lucky girl. Yes, they had thought Sung Hun was a girl and Ji Won was his boyfriend.

"What're you staring at?" Ji Won asked Sung Hun when he had finished browsing through the books. Sung Hun hadn't noticed Ji Won finishing and had just kept staring at him. Sung Hun looked confusedly at Ji Won.

"Huh?" He said. And then he realised he had been staring at Ji Won for far too long. "No, nothing. I was just thinking", Sung Hun said quickly.

"What?" Ji Won asked eyeing Sung Hun curiously.

"About the day when some girls thought I was your girlfriend", Sung Hun explained. Sung Hun didn't like being called a girl even though he was pretty looking.

"Aah, that. You're still angry about the girl part, right?" Ji Won had found the situation very amusing when it happened. As Sung Hun didn't respond, Ji Won continued,

"But you can do nothing to the fact that you're prettier than any girl in the world." Ji Won said it like a matter of fact that could not be argued against. Sung Hun didn't know why but he blushed at the comment or more likely at the fact that Ji Won considered him really pretty. Sung Hun tried to change the subject.

"Why did you want to see my books?" He asked.

"I wanted to see what was keeping you in this same place for whole three hours. But the things in those books looked pretty easy." Jiwon said.

"Maybe for you", Sung Hun snorted. He knew Ji Won was good at science and had no problem in maths either. But other subjects... Sung Hun knew Ji Won could have been good in every subject but he was just not interested in them and had decided to disqualify them from his life. That was something Sung Hun had tried to change since they had become friends, with little success.