Chapter 4

Victors P.O.V

After talking with Yuri, I felt somewhat down. Why didn't he tell me he loved me to? I thought soulmates were made for one another, and that they would love each other under any circumstance. So then, why didn't Yuri tell me he loved me? Does he not? Am I not good enough?

These questions were floating around in my head, even when I went to the apple tree that me and my friends go to. There I saw Chris, otabek, Leo, and Seung.

"Ota when is your soulmate finally going to get their soul mark?" Leo asked while listening to music with one earbud in.

Otabek looked at him without changing his expression, "whenever they are old enough."

"Hello!" I shouted while approaching them.

"Victor" Chris said while hugging me. Chris was my best friend for about 4 years now, the first skater I ever really interacted with.

"Your mark." Seung said while looking at my wrist.

"It's glowing now" otabek said

"Hey, you finally linked with your soulmate!" Leo said excitedly.

I grew a large grin on my face. "Yeah! I talked to him last night, his name is Yuri!"

"That name's familiar ..." seung said.

"Yeah I've heard that name before too ..." Leo said while cocking his head to the side.

At the same time there eyes opened suddenly and they snapped their fingers.

"my soulmate!" They said in unison.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"My mate Phichit told me about his best friend named Yuri." Seung said.

"Yeah! My mate Guang also told me about this guy named Yuri Katsuki, and how he was a really kind and thoughtful person"

I smiled fondly, "that sounds like my Yuri".

My face then fell, remembering what had happened this morning, or what didn't happen.

"But I'm not sure that he feels the same way about me"

"What?!" Chris and Leo asked in unison. Otabek and Seung just raised their eyebrows with slightly surprised expressions.

"Well, this morning after he woke up we chatted a bit and I told him I loved him ... and ... he didn't say it back." I said with sadness laced in my voice.

"Well, he's your soulmate. I'm sure he loves you, he just needs to get used to the idea of having someone around for life. " Chris said with a thoughtful look on his face.

I have a small smile at this, Chris was always good at making people feel better.

"Yeah, I hope so"

The school bell rang and we all went to our first class that we shared together. Our teacher walked in and took the roll, then started the morning announcements.

"Students, as you know the advanced classes for ice skating will be starting over the summer, so the inspectors will be at the rink during the second half of your lunch break. Any returning participants only have to do the routine to make sure your still in top shape since your forms have been filled out already. In other news ..."

I felt a wave of excitement and happiness flow through the link and smiled, what was making Yuri so happy?

Yuri? I asked

V-Victor!  I wasn't expecting to hear from you during school he said with a bit of nervousness

This made me grin with happiness, I had the cutest soulmate on the planet!

I felt you get excited and really happy, and I missed you so I decided to find out what was happening.

... my school is going to have scouts looking for talented ice skaters ... I thought I would try out and see if I qualify for the advanced classes ... that is, IF I'm good enough ... I probably won't be, what if I ...  make a fool of myself!

Why is he doubting himself? I could feel how happy he was when he talked about skating, anyone who loves the sport that much can't be bad at it.

I probably shouldn't go! I'll just tell the guys I don't fe-

Yuri! I said with a stern voice

Y-Yes Victor? I could feel some nervousness and a bit of embarrassment

Do you love to skate?

Yeah, almost more than pork cutlet bowls

Then you'll do amazing, I believe in you, love I said with confidence

I felt a wave of happiness, relief, and a bit more confidence flow through.

T-Thank you Victor, that really helped me

Anytime, love. Besides I was recruited for the advanced classes a few years back, if you skate at the same level as your passion for the sport, you'll pass with flying colors. I'm sure of it. Promise me you'll make it into the advanced classes?

I felt a surge of confidence go through him, and he grinned.

Alright Victor, I'll get into the classes, I promise I will. For you.

This made me smile at the thought of Yuri doing something just for me.

For us, Yuri. I have to stop talking for now, but let me know if you get in. I love you Yuri. I said hopefully, maybe he would say that he loved me this time?

Alright, bye Victor ... I-I'll let you know how it goes

I felt my mood go down again. He still can't say it, I guess I am rushing things.

I could feel the guilt in Yuri building up, but then I felt a surge of confidence and determination.

That's my Yuri I thought as I went to lunch.

I know he will make it into the classes, I could tell how much he loved to skate and how passionate he is about it. And when he makes it into the classes, I'll get to see him! Yakov ran the classes and they met over the summer at a camp in Russia, I would get to meet Yuri in person!

With my new found happiness I headed to lunch, thinking about what it would be like to meet my soulmate, my one true love, in person.

-------------------------------------------------------

Aaannnnnnnnnd that's a wrap! So sorry it took forever to get this up. I can't believe this story has 260 reads like 😱😱😱 thank you guys so much for taking time to read this.
     In other occurrences, do you any of you know when season 2 for Yuri on ice will come out? It's supposed to come out this month right? If you guys know anything about it, please let me know.
     I also read this online comic, Killing Stalking, you guys should read it sometime if you haven't, and I want to know when part 2 for that will come out as well. Please let me know!
      If you guys like this story, comment and let me know! And thank you to all that have voted on this story, it means a lot to me and puts a smile on my face when I see the notification. As always, if you haven't already, please read my other story my twisted mind I think some of you would enjoy it.
     That is all for now; Tune in for the next installment of this book! And once again thank you! Love you all and keep on living life ❤️