"The council has extended our deadline," he said and kissed the top of my head.

I thought about it. They didn't seem the kind hearted type. "On what condition?"

He laughed. "You are sometimes way too insightful," he said teasingly and flicked my nose lightly. "They just wanted us to announce it to most vampires and then send out the invites. Though I am sure, all the important vampires are expecting our wedding. I suspect though, that the only surprise will be when the wedding would occur. I am almost sure that they have all predicted I would have eventually married you," he said.

In his voice, I could only hear laughter and amusement, happiness and love. It was the first time that I can remember, that Alex sounded so carefree. "Princess?" Alex called, waking me from my small reverie.

"Yes?" I said shyly.

"So, what do you think?" he prompted.

"It wasn't such a massive condition." I reached up and stroked his hair, eliciting a content moan from him. I smiled to myself, glad that I had some sort of effect on him. Then, suddenly, he started laughing. "Uhm, what is so funny?" I asked confused.

I felt his body shaking and looked up to find him shaking his head, as if saying that it was nothing. "Alex," I said drawing out his name. "Please?"

He laughed again. "You will turn violent," he said. "And I don't think your hits will be as light as it was before."

"That's making me curious," I said getting drawn in more and more. Curiosity is what got me turned into a bloody bloodsucking vampire and yet I still never learned my lesson. "So what is it?" I pressed further.

And then regretted it.

Alex took hold of my left hand and guided it up his stomach, over the hard plains of his chest and let it rest in the centre of his chest. At first, I was confused and ready to move my hand, but then he just placed his hand firmly on top of mine and kept it there, pressing it down on his dead heart.

Still not understanding, I spoke. "What is it?"

He gave me a look and only when I looked down, did I understand. Slight vibrations rumbled underneath my palm. Almost as if his heart were beating. "What the heck was that for?" I asked in a strangled voice.

Yet, to Alex, he just found it a huge joke. He laughed and laughed and pulled me closer to him, hugging my lower body against it. "See, Princess, you do have quite an effect on me," he teased guffawing madly.

I hit his chest and hid my face in his neck from extreme embarrassment. He held me tightly and laughed softly in my ear. "I don't think you should be embarrassed by it, Princess," he whispered and kissed the top of my head.

"You made me touch ...it," I said uncomfortably.

"Doesn't matter," he said sobering up. "You'll be seeing everything quite soon."

I stepped back and stared at him.

"Livvy," he said and stepped forward, hands outstretched and reaching for me.

"Don't," I said still shocked.

"It's fine," he said and wrapped his arms around me, drawing me into his chest. "We will wait until you are ready, love. Don't stress, okay?"

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Promise?"

"Of course, love," he said and bent down to kiss my cheek. "Now go and get done, we are going out." he kissed me briefly and pushed me in the direction of the shower.

With a sigh, I obeyed. After scrubbing me thoroughly and washing my hair to make certain that it smelled nice and felt fresh, I got out of the shower and walked into the bedroom contemplating outfit ideas. Yet, as the bed came into sight, I found a pair of dark skinny jeans, knee-length boots, a long-sleeved shirt and a black coat. I smiled knowing that it would only be Alex that would do that to me. A blush would have crept up my cheeks, if I could have when I saw the lingerie he took out for me.