~Chapter 4~

POV- Alice 

 Alright, I appreciate the help these guys are giving me, but they're insane. 

 I woke up, not by my name being called softly, or a light pat on the shoulder. I was woken up by some dude shoving my arm multiple times. Not that gently, either. 

 "W...what the hell?" I mumbled, still half asleep. As my vision focused, I saw a man with bright blue eyes and dark blond hair, a grin on his face. 

 "C'mon, we have to-" 

 BANG. 

 Before I let him finish his sentence, I'd hit him over the head with a nicely placed wok. Don't ask why I have a wok near my bed, I just do. He fell to the floor, unconscious. 

 "Oookay..." I looked up, and finally noticed Matthew there. I started to connect the dots. Blond hair right around the same length, somewhat blue eyes, similar build...oh. I just sorta pointed back and forth at the two until I was able to speak. 

 "...You're brothers, aren't you?" He nodded. I looked back down at the man, his brother, who stirred a bit, almost awake. He felt...familiar. 

 "His name is Alfred. To finish what he was saying, we have to leave quickly." I nodded, immediately understanding. They were here to get me out of this boring tower, but we had to get out fast. If Martin found out...

...I knew what would happen next. 

 I picked up Ko, who was sleeping in her little basket. As I grabbed a few things, I wondered to myself...how was I letting myself be taken away from this tower by two guys, one of which I'd only known for a few minutes? 

 I closed the lid of the basket, which I'd taken the bear out of and put my stuff in, 'Bah, might as well trust them,' I thought, looking back at Matthew, who was helping Alfred get back on his feet. 

 "The hell was that for, Alice?!" 

 "Guy climbs my tower and wakes me up in the middle of the night and tells me we have to go somewhere together," I said, wallking towards him. "That deserves a slap in the face." 

 "You hit me with a freakin' pan or something! ...What the hell even is this?" 

 "It's a wok, dumbass, now let's go." I tucked Ko in between the lid and handle of the basket, where she wouldn't fall out. 

 "It's...not that simple." Matt stated, looking out the window, down to the ground looming beneath us. "We'll need to figure out how to get down." 

 "Well...wait, how did you guys get up?" I raised a brow, not seeing how they could climb up the side of the tower. It's slick rocky surface made it seem impossible. Once, I'd tried to climb down, but when I grabbed at the stones, I couldn't get a good grip and almost fell backwards. The more you know, huh?

 "There's a lot Al can do when he's on a sugar rush." I opened my mouth to ask, but decided against it. Alfred seemed crazy, and I wouldn't want to object to it. He and Matthew were like complete opposites. 

 "Hey, dudette!" I turned to where the second brother stood, a hand on a strand of my long hair. Just as I was about to walk over and grab it from him, he started to speak again. "Call me crazy, but...do you think we could use your hair to climb down? Seems long enough." 

 As Matthew started to reply, I cut him off. "That might work! We could make it like a pulley, so after you two get down, I could slide down and you two could catch me!"

 "Well, um, i-it's a good idea, but...doesn't it seem dangerous?" I waved my hand at his question.

 "Bah, it'll be fine. Plus, dangerous is fun!" 

 So that's how I ended up alone in the tower, about to jump. "Jesus," I muttered, looking around at the forest. "I wonder why I haven't just hung myself with this already..." 

 "Just jump!" Al yelled from below. Matt shushed him, and I couldn't help but giggle. I was about to be stuck with these two. Maybe for a day, maybe for...forever. 

 Somehow, the thought was comforting. Even if it meant being away from everything I know, in a world I have yet to explore, I had them to guide me. A small smile lit up my face as I let everything go, and jumped. 

 POV- Matthew

 It didn't take long for her to jump down. Only a few seconds passed until she was safely on the ground. "Well," I started, looking around at the slightly moonlit forests. Nothing made a sound; to some, it would've been beautiful. To me, it was oddly unsettling. "W-why don't we get a move on? I doubt we'll be in for any good if we stand around." 

 Both agreed, and we made our way back into the thick flora of the forest. But, only a few steps in, a chilling voice rang through the dark night.

 "Where do you think you're going?" 

***

Really short chapter, I know. BUT I want to make the next chapter more dramatic, so it must cut off there. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE comment&vote! It would make my day!