~Chapter 3~

POV- Matthew

 "Ah, maple, h-how am I going to do this..." 

 I'd mumbled this to myself at least three hundred times in the past hour. I'd decided it; today would be the day I would save Alice from Martin. I couldn't even stand to think of how he'd just left her there, only coming by to bring food, never once to keep her company! Even if I've only seen him once, I could see that evil glare in his eyes. That HOSER!

 Looking around my half of the bedroom my brother and I shared, I got some things together to sneak out tonight. My half of the room was a light red, with a big window in the middle of the longest wall. My side was also the cleanest and most organized, while...

 ...Let's just say it takes a while for Alfred to find himself in the morning. 

 My bed had the same red theme, just a bit of a darker colour. A maple leaf was the design in the middle of my blankets. For some reason, I felt like it meant something important to me. I could rest easily knowing it was there. 

 I grabbed a bag near my desk, putting a small canteen of maple syrup inside. 'Never know when you'll need it.' I thought to myself. I also put in some coins, just in case. I always prepare for the worse...and I'm glad I did this time. 

 Just as I'd hid the bag under my bed, the door burst open. "MATTIE! DUDE! I saw this chick in my dream and I'm going to go save her!" 

 I almost had a heart attack, hearing my obnoxious brother's loud entry. I froze in shock. "G-good for y-you...?"

 He laughed, walking closer to me. "You're so jumpy dude, like you saw a ghost or somethin'!" I failed to answer, and he kept on talking.

 "Anyways, this chick was like, really pretty, but from the back, because I couldn't see her face and stuff. Anyways, she totally said my name and asked me to save her and she had this really long hair with cool sunset-y colours and it was REALLY REALLY long and her dress was this pretty blue colour and her voice was soft but not like yours like my voice but girlier 'cuz she was a girl and I'm a guy and I'm the hero and stuff anyways I bet she had, like, an awesome face and cute eyes like a hazel or a blue OH what about green and she'd be pretty like a princess what if she IS a princess OMYGOD we'd like get married and I'd be king and everyone would bow to me and-" 

 "Do you mean Alice?" I voiced my thoughts, and he stopped rambling. He blinked a few times before answering. 

 "Now that I'm hearing it...it does ring a bell. Yeah, I think that's her name!" 

 Oh sweet maple...he's going to try and rescue her? Be her hero? "Uhm, A-Al, maybe you shouldn't...I mean, i-it sounds like it could get you into danger..." 

 "Hm? How?" My brother asked, shoving some treats into his mouth, making the words come out a bit muffled. Typical. 

 "Oh, well..." 'Darn, what should I tell him?! He doesn't even know her, probably has no clue how I know...'

 Alfred raised a brow, for once paying attention to me more than to his food. "Tell me, Mattie!" I sighed, giving in, and told him the events that had happened only days ago. 

 ***

 "Woah! So her dad's, like, totally crazy and locked her in a damn tower?! That's some sick fairy tale nonesense brah!" 

 Alfred's eyes shined with delight, knowing the story of the girl from his dream. I, on the other hand, wasn't that thrilled, but nodded. "Yup, just like a fairy tale." 

 "That means I so have to go and save her now!" 

 ...Back that train up, mister. 

 "U-uhm, well, m-maybe you shouldn't go r-right now..." I fumbled with my words, trying to make up an excuse to make him stay here. N-not that I didn't want him to be happy, or save Alice, but...this was my mission, dang it!