The real fighting

I came in to the Training Center. The District Two careers were laughing and whispering as they pointed at me. 'Let's show them what you got..' I walked to the triathlon and begon with knives. I runned trough, under and dodged obstacles. While I did that, the knifes-throwing dolls appeared. I throwed all the knives in the targets. Then I came to the second part; bow and arrow. Little animals appeared everywhere and I shot nine of the ten animals, right in the eye. And the last part: spear throwing. Everytime a doll appeared, I had to throw it in the head. I threw all the spears in the targets. The Gamemakers walked off theyre platform. They clapped. 'Well done, young lady. You don't have to do an invidiual training. You have a 12.' 'A twelve? What? For that?' The careers laughed, but I knew that they did that beacause they were jealous. 'Well done' I thought. The training passed quickly. I did survival skills and extra knive-throwing training with Luke and Layla, and I also did the part camouflage, with (one of the three boys from) twelve, Peeta Mellark Junior. I just called him Peeta. He had blonde hair and really blue eyes. He was fourteen. He said he learned it from his grandpa, Peeta Mellark, who won the 74th Hunger Games. He told me everything about his grandpa and -mom. Katniss Everdeen, the -in the past- famous rebellion leader. And that the Hunger Games were stopped a long time, but when the Capitol knew that they were to old to fight, they continued, but they started at the 100th Hunger Games. Hmpf. That is.. mm.. unfair!! And I also heard about Katniss, she volunteered for her sister too. I really liked Peeta. He was really sweet. And I've also did dodging swords with a little girl from twelve. Her name was Willow. She didn't tell anything, but I liked her. She was 12, and -as I heard from Peeta- she was his cousin. Katniss was her grandmother too. She really looked like her, he said. She had dark hair, a little pale skin and gray-blue eyes. She allready was beautiful. I guess Katniss too. The Training was over. I came with Luke to the small room where the tributes had to wait untill they were called. I held Luke's hand and I spoke to him. He was afraid that he was going to fail, but I -tried to- give him courage. He would think of me when he was showing them. He would do it for me. 'Luke Cliddenmart.' the robot voice spoke. 'Good luck.' I stroked his cheek and he smiled nervous. The automatic-doors opened, and Luke dissapeared.

'Hi' 'How did it go?' He smiled sad. 'Yes.. I don't know..' 'I know you did it well.' 'Hmpf..' He sighed nervous. We all sat on the couch. Luke was tapping his hand on his leg, but I grabbed it and held it. I gave him a gentle squeeze in his hand. The first girl of 2, named Jane, had a nine. The first boy, named Max, had a seven. 'Hmpf' I chuckled. The others all had a ten. 'My mentor laughed. 'Hah. And they call them careers?' District five. Luke gave me a nervous look. I tried to signal a 'don't be scared' look, but he allready watched the TV. 'Mary Undersand, with a score of 5' Mm.. She is kind of weak. Not a impossible enemy.. 'Jake Lavigne, with a score of 10' Wow! He actually did great! 'Layla Marriehand, with a score of 7!' She did great. I mean, come on, she is tirteen and really small. A smile creeped on my face. 'Vladimir Bonningham, with a score of 5.' I think i excepted that. As I said, he was in really bad condition. I felt sorry for him, and his family. 'Jill Standford, with a score of twelve!' My mentor apperantly didn't know, because her mouth was wide open and she had tears in her eyes. She hugged me. 'Well done. Well done.' Everybody was clapping. 'And the last from district five, Luke Cliddenmart, with a score of...' He swallowed. 'ELEVEN!' Caesar clapped. 'Luke! You did so great!' He apperantly didn't except, his mouth was open!! and he looked shocked. 'I.. I don't even know what to.. What?' I grabbed his face and kissed him. Nobody cared, because everybody was clapping and shouting. He leaned back, and I said 'You did so well.' He smiled. We watched all the tributes, but I didn't really care. When the first boy from twelve appeared, I actually watched. 'Peeta Mellark, with a score of eight.' A eight? O god. I think this may be really hard to care about Luke and Peeta. Because I liked Peeta very much. 'Willow Everdeen, with a score of ten' Ten? A ten? A ten?! Did I just saw that?! She was twelve and she had a ten! This was the most amazing thing I saw in my life! 'She.. She has a ten?' I said admired. 'Yes, she actually does!' Luke laughed. But how? That is awesome! After that, I grabbed Luke's hand and without being seen We walked to our room. I laid down and Luke also did. 'Luke, I want you to know that-' He laid his finger on my mouth. 'Ssst.' He leaned in and kissed me. 'Luke..' 'What is it?' 'It's serious. I want you to know that, I don't care what you are going to say, I am going to do everything to save you.' 'No. Don't do that. If you die.. And I live.. I have nothing. You are my everything.' Tears came up in my eyes. 'Luke..' A tear rolled down my cheek. He wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest. 'Don't cry.. Please..' He stroked my hair. Five minutes long we laid like this, me crying and Luke stroking my hair. Slowly, we both fell asleep. I felt his warm arms holding me tight and I whispered: 'Stay with me. Please?' He opened his eyes and said: 'Always'