Chapter Fifteen

Here is the revised version.

Chapter Fifteen

I sleep peacefully on Spencer as Scott droves and I'm only awoken by Spencer gently shaking me.

"We are here." He says gently, and smiles down at me.

I return the gester and slide off of him and out of the car.

The campsight itself is normal, a small stone circle for a fire and a path that led to a soft turning river. We were in a clearing so everytime I looked up it felt as if I was under a blanket of stars.

"So you and Spencer, are y'all like a thing now?" Alicia asks as we set of the hammocks along the river.

I chuckle and look over to where Spencer and Mason struggle to set up the tent. "I don't know, to say it is completicated is an understatement." I sigh and return my gaze back to Alicia who only gives me a knowing look before returning to setting up the hammock.

"Whatever you say, but don't resist him because you're scared about the outcome. You may end up liking it." She says before going to her husband.

"That's what I am afraid of." I mutter before going to the truck to unload my stuff.

I grab the small bag of clothesand my flashing phone.

Ten phone calls from Megan.

I franticly call her back, and nervously mess with my hands as the phone rings.

As soon as I hear Megan's voice I know that something is terribly wrong.

"I need you." She cries through the phone.

"I am on my way, where are you?" I as frantically, and wave Carter over to me. Get the keys, I mouth to him as I return my attention back to my best friend.

"In my bathroom." She hiccups.

"I will be home in about fourty minutes, I want you to drive to my house right now. The door is unlocked and there is ice cream in the freezer." I tell her as I get into the front seat and Carter slides into the driver's seat.

"Okay," She gets out. She doesn't hang up as she tells her parents she is going to my house and rushes to her car.

"I want you to keep talking to me until I get there, okay?" I say as Carter starts the truck and gets onto the road again.

She chokes out a sound that might have been okay.

I think of a way I can quickly cheer her up. "Megan, do you remeber when we got thrown out of Walmart last year. That was the best day." I smile at the memory.

A laughing sound comes from Megan, "That was so much fun."

"We played hide-and-seek and you climbed up on an aisle and screamed that Target was better and Walmart was haunted. That as until they dragged you down and me with you." I laugh with her as cut a glance at Carter.

Carter is focused on the road, but with the weigh of my glaze he turns towards me and nods. An indication that he understood.

I mouthed thank you, then return my attention to a hysterical Megan. "Or the time we bought huge tarps and ten gallons of soap and had an epic slip and slide to celebrate the beginning of summer." I tell her.

"Or the time when we spend an entire weekend binge watching Game of Throne seasons one through three because we missed Robb Stark." She laugh then lets out a sob.

The rest of the ride we exchange stories, as a distraction for whatever got her so upset.

When we arrive at my house. I hang up and turn to Carter. "Thank you so much for bring me home. I need to be here for Megan." I tell him and squeeze his hand gently.