Baby, where are you?

°°°

5 weeks. 5 gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, gloomy weeks since Lily went missing, and she must've brought my heart with her because I can't feel it any more. Being away from Lily now that the mate bond grew stronger has been the hardest time of my life. I miss her smile, her eyes, her touch, Lily as a whole. There was still something that made me feel as if she was alive, something that I didn't understand. I'm not talking about my power side, but almost something human holding us together.

My office door was pushed open and my mom came in. She looked at me with concern before sitting on the other side of the table in front of me.

"Sweetheart, how are you coping?" She asked sweetly, almost trying to hide the worry in her voice.

"Just great. That's why I don't have bags under my eyes, mom." I replied with sarcasm. I obviously did have bags under my eyes. I could barely sleep at night without Lily.

"I'm just worried. Since Lily has been missing you've barely had contact with anyone. All you do is stay cooped up in the office sending out ally letters to packs and sulking." Mom said. "I'm really worried." During the past weeks, Dad, the Beta and Third have been sending out ally messages to every pack we could get across to in America. Pitying me, and finding out the truth about Lily as the Moonet, has led them to agreeing to have our packs come together for combat against Lionel.

I sighed deeply. "I know. I'm sorry, but this is really hard for me, mom. I don't know what's happening to her right now, or what the a-hole might be doing to her. I can't sleep at night because I can't get her off my mind. This is worse than suffering the rejection. It's almost like I lost her." My words faltered and tears spilled from my eyes.

Mom got up from her seat and wrapped me in her familiar, motherly hug. I sobbed against her shirt.

"It's okay, Chad. We all miss her too. But we will find her. Most of the packs have accepted to help out. Us merging will have victory at the end. I can promise you that."

I can't lose her again.

[End of Flashback]

Present...

Our eyes met and I swear I almost pissed myself, which wasn't at all flattering. I held my brown eyes against her gaze, afraid to blink and lose sight of her.

Here she was. Right in front of me, tattered and bruised but shocked from seeing me, yet still the most beautiful creation I will ever lay my eyes on. Lily looked on the verge of tears as she stood away from me.

"Chad?" Her voice croaked and my heart clenched hearing her again.

I ran towards her and scooped her up into my arms. She gasped against my shoulder but I took it away when I smashed my lips onto hers. The kiss lit us both up as we reunited. When we broke apart, Lily had tears in her eyes. I kissed them away.

"Ehem." Someone cleared their throat. I whipped around to see Savannah.

I growled. "What are you doing here? Did you have something to do with this?" I took threatening steps towards Savannah.

Lily stepped in front of Savannah, blocking her from my reach.

"Leave her alone, Chad. She's been helping me in all of this." I gave Savannah a hard look. I looked back at Lily to see her rubbing her tummy. Her tummy that was...huge.

"Lily? A-Are yo-o-ou...?" I fumbled over my words.

"Yes, Chad. I'm pregnant." She responded with a proud smile.

I laughed happily but it soon vanished when I thought of something. Wait.

"Did he do this to you? Did he force you to and got you pregnant?! I swear I'm gonna slaughter that mother—"

"Chad! Stop." Lily held my hand in hers. She laughed. "He didn't do anything to me. They're your babies, our babies." Good.

"Wait, babies? As in more than one? As in twins?" I asked excitedly, reminding myself of a preteen who had just gotten his first porn magazine.

"Yes, twins. Twin girls." Lily grinned, happy that I was happy.

"Both girls? Now who am I going to talk with about using a condom properly?" I wondered. Lily gave me a look. I laughed and shook my head.

"Wait." Lily's eyes looked at me suspiciously. "How are you even here? You're supposed to be dead. You all were dead!"

I held her shoulders. "Woah. Calm down." She took a deep breath. "What do you mean?"

"I saw you. The all of you. You were all dead and there was blood everywhere. None of you had a pulse. I was sure." She hiccupped.

"I think I can explain that." Savannah spoke up and moved closer to us. "Lionel told me to get rid of your pack. I knew that I could never do something like that, so instead of killing you all, I placed a spell over the pack to fool Lily into thinking that you were gone. Only it managed to fool Lionel too."

"So he doesn't know we're here?" I asked.

"No. Which is a good thing for now, but he'll soon come to the realization since there's like thousands of wolves out there." Savannah looked through the hole that I came through.

"Yeah. I got a bunch of packs to help out with this war," I looked at Lily. "There was no hesitancy in fighting for you, Lily. They all believe in you as their Moonet." She smiled.

We were snapped out of our moment by the high sound of howls.

"That's your cue to go. Lionel should be alerted by now." Savannah looked over her shoulder, as if she expected the villain to pop up with a deadly scowl on his face.

Lily made a move to go through the hole.

"Woah." I held her wrist. She looked back at me quizzically. "You're not going out there."

Lily frowned deeply then sighed. "I'll be fine. I feel way better now. I can fight."

Savannah nodded, "Yeah, she should be able to. I fed her a potion I whipped up to restore most of her energy."

I glanced at her.

"No, I won't let you. You're not in your best state—" I gulped as she raised an eyebrow. "—and you have the twins to worry about. I can't let you or them get hurt."

"You seem to still be underestimating what I can do, Chad. Look, no matter what you say or do to convince me that I'm in no shape to defend my pack will never be enough to let me give up. I have a purpose as the Moonet. I might've lost my magic necklace, but I haven't lost myself. Besides, who would be tough enough to take on a pregnant she-wolf. They should all know how crazy one could get." Her blue eyes spoke with truth and determination. How could I argue with that?

"Fine," I sighed. "I don't like it but we're gonna need you." I kissed her knuckles.

"Sorry to break up your moment but, uhm, I think World War III just started." Savannah pointed to outdoors.

Outside, the cries of battle grew stronger. I could hear the slashing of claws through flesh and the roars of blood thirsty wolves ripping each other apart.

"Let's go." I pulled Lily behind me and looked around.

I took notice that the Black Moon pack, the Sun Crescent pack, the Wild Wolves, the Blood Water pack, and a few more on our side were holding up a good match between Lionel and his dirty rogues. Already, so much blood was scattered around.

"This is terrible." I heard as Lily mutter to herself. "It's all my fault." I don't think she meant for me to hear that.

"Luna!" Someone cried. Soon enough, heads were turned our way.

We sprung into action.

_______

ndasatodd