Chapter 17

Lily going out on the date ; )

°°°

Chad's P.O.V.

"And you're sure about this, son?" Dad asked me again, making sure I made a final decision.

"Yes, Dad. I can give Lily the support she needs with this." He nodded at my statement. I was telling him of what the Moon Goddess informed me. He was a bit hesitant at first because he knew that I also had to balance that with my duties of Alpha, but he understood soon enough.

"Very well then. Don't fail her, Chad." It was one of the moments I had ever seen my dad so serious. He believed in me and I want to make him proud.

I nodded and exited his office.

I was immediately tackled into a bear hug.

"I'm so excited." Lily squealed into my chest.

"What?"

Lily pulled away, a guilty glint in her eyes. "Sorry. I eavesdropped. But don't mind that. We're gonna be ruling side by side. Just like a king and queen." A huge grin appeared on her face. She really is glad that we'll be sharing power—in a way.

"Well I'm glad you feel that way." She linked her hands in mine. I walked with her up to our bedroom.

"Hey did you hear anything more about this whole Lionel dilemma?" Lily asked me. I grunted angrily.

"No. And please don't bring him up. My eyes are getting dark with fury just hearing his name." I said.

"Relax." Lily pushed me back onto the bed, climbing on top of me. "We don't have to talk about him." She moved her lips to mine.

Kissing Lily will never be a typical feeling to me. It's like she has some kind of fuse to light me up whenever our lips so much as brush against each other. We move in a smooth pattern that gets me crazy all the time.

I graze my fingers against her skin, moving them around on her tenderly. Her delicate hands roamed my chest in small circles. I flipped her over so that I was on top and in control. I kissed down her jawline and onto her neck, peppering soft kisses against the skin. I sucked on her tender spot and it racked a moan from her lips.

Meanwhile, I was battling with my mind. Should I mark Lily now without her permission? Or do I wait until she's ready?

"Dude, mark her. Mark her now. She ours. It has to be done one way or the other. Besides, in all this, it's a way to keep her safe." Greg reasoned with me.

Here goes nothing.

My canines elongated and I sunk them into her skin. Lily gasped in shock, her chest heaving a bit. I heard as she started to sob softly. But after a few more seconds those sobs turned into pleasing moans. I licked around the mark until it was clear enough to see.

I pulled Lily up. "Look."

She slowly turned her head in the mirror. I watched as her expression went from curious to happy. Very happy.

"It's so beautiful." Lily brushed her fingers across it, breathing out in amazement. And it was beautiful. It was in the form of a circle. Two wolves, one black and the other white, were snuggled together under the blazing full moon. What surprised me the most was the initial embedded inside the Moon. It read: EXOUSIA. And underneath that in smaller caps was both our initials.

"What does 'exousia' mean?" I asked as she sat onto my lap.

"It means power in Greek." I was stunned. Power.

"Ok then." I dropped it. "How about we celebrate this special moment? With a date night tonight."

Lily's eyebrows raised in joy as she hugged me again.