Not Heaven Without Him (15)

Yep. Another one in the same 5 minutes. Gotta love me. :) And there's another one right after this one.  

Okay. Now that I've babbbled, read!!! And vote too. ;)

Remember is harder when you're trying. I find myself with aching pain in my head and little to no pictures of remembrance appearing in my mind.  

However, I do remember one incident in particular. The naming. The beginning.  

"You want to be with me?" he asked, raising his dark eye brows.  

"Yes," I breathed. "I do." 

"Your family cannot know of me. They can never meet me; they can never know I exist. You will have to, essentially, disappear off the face of the planet for periods of time. Cassie Holm cannot be your name. You cannot live at 46 Est Wood Drive. You cannot have a family. You have to be someone that we create. I false persona that will become you. Do you still want to be with me?" Skepticism painted his face. He was wrong. He didn't think that I would agree but I would. I had to. I was beginning to love him. 

"Of course." 

He made a face, and then reached out and touched my cheek. The hair on arms stood on end. "So, so stubborn," he murmured. "You'd give up your life to be with me and the danger I bring?" 

"Yes." 

"I'm not safe," he said suddenly, pulling back. He pulled up his shirt and pointed to four scars on his chest. "These are bullet wounds. From being shot. I can't promise you that I can keep guns away from you. That you won't see someone get shot, some die. I can't promise that we can stay in one place for a long time; that I'll always be around. There's no protection in a world like mine." 

These things did not matter to me though. All I cared about was my need for him. It wasn't a desire, it was a need. He was everything. I had to have him. 

"I don't care about that. I can handle it," I said steadily.  

"Can you," he was very close to me suddenly. He lifted my chin like he was going to kiss me. "Can you handle it? Can you take it?" 

"Yes," these words weren't so steady.  

He searched my face for a while and then shook his head. "Alright, then. Here's your birth certificate, driver's license, and passport, Alexis Moore," he handed me a manila envelope. 

"Why Alexis Moore?" I asked curiously.  

"Because you'll be helping me defend free land. Come on," and he took off towards his sleek black car. 

That is the memory. That is it. My naming. Once I remember it I walk to the library and place my finger tips on the books and pull forth the information of what the names Alexis and Moore mean.  

"Alexis: Helper of defender," an eerie voice says in my head. 

"Moore: Open land."  

And that is my answer I realize as I ponder it in my room once more. Helping defend open, which could mean free, land. Did that mean he was in the government? How did I help him?  

These things I do not remember.

Did you like it? are you going to vote? Or leave a comment? Please!!!? Okay. Gunna post the next one now and shut up. :)