Not Heaven Without Him (20)

Sorrry!!!! I toook SOOOOO long to update! Totally writers block! But here it is ! I love you guys!

Nothing is truly different. That day when Justis told me he wanted to let himself fall in love with me did not change much. I still come and visit him every day and he still discusses the same topics. He still tells me I'm beautiful and he still plays with my hair, except now he sits a little closer and he usually holds my hand too. He'll touch my chin and run his fingers down my cheek but he has not done anything more, and yet, I can tell what he does do, means everything to him. I can tell that it means the world. I can tell that he's telling me over and over that he loves me, in different ways every time. I can't help but feel warm inside.  

"Justis," I say softly one morning as I quietly walk into the library. He's not there but, again, I hear those voices. He's in the office off the side. I tiptoe over like I did the time before and stand just to the left of the door, straining to hear what's being said.  

"So you told her," Michael's easy voice says. There's no response but Michael keeps going. "Why haven't you kissed her then?" 

"You don't know that," Justis' voice is indignant. 

"Brother, I know you and I know virgins and you haven't laid a finger on her," I can hear the smirk in Michael's voice. 

"I've touched her," Justis says, indignant still. 

"In more than an affection way? I'm not talking about stroking her cheeks, Justis," Michael drones. "You need to make a move on her." 

"You're quoting the people of today now?"  

"Don't change the subject, Justis." 

"I really don't want to talk about my less-than-sexual sexual endeavors with you, Michael. I apologize." 

"And why not? Who better to discuss them with than child who shouldn't be a saint as far as the Catholics are concerned?" 

"True, but unlike you it's not my goal to become a playboy." 

"Look who's quoting the people of today now," Michael chuckles.  

"Michael, just tell me, what should I do?" Justis is suddenly almost desperate sounding. 

"I thought you didn't want to discuss this with me? I thought I wasn't involving myself in this endeavor?" 

"You're not. You're just giving your brother some advice." 

"Fine. What should you do? You should make a move. You should kiss her. But know I don't agree with your trite human endeavor in the least. And, I hold true to what I said before: I'm hoping that you have an ulterior motive with this. Because falling in love with a human is dangerous. Even if she's already dead." 

"Good bye, Michael," Justis snaps. 

Michael laughs and, as those shimmering bell noises sound, and I scramble quietly to sit down on the love seat, I hear him say, "Goodbye, Brother."  

Justis comes out only a minute later and walks over to the love seat like he doesn't see that I am sitting here. His eyes are closed and he weaves his way through the furniture like only someone that had lived there for six thousand years or so could.  

"You should knock on my office door when I'm not here," he says sitting down next to me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling my body into his. He had never done something like that before. Maybe he was doing what Michael had advised him. "You shouldn't have to sit around." 

"I don't mind it," I say quietly, clutching at the arms around my torso. "Better here than elsewhere," I add in murmur. 

"You're beautiful, you know that right? Like a Dominion." 

I smile. "So you've told me."  

"It's true though! I must have you meet her sometime. She's nothing like you, but looks disturbing the same. Although you have an attitude very similar to her sister's. You could truly be a Dominion," he rubs my cheek with his thumb slowly.  

"Justis," I whisper.  

"Yes?" 

"You've told me I'm beautiful over and over but have I ever told you how beautiful you are? You truly are, Justis. You're warm and you have this glow about you that makes me smile and everything about you is like honey: smooth and sweet."  

He grins now, putting a hand on each side of my face. "You're perfect," he says happily, his face so bright I think he might burst. I feel that even now he's judging me; just from the way he says that I'm perfect.  

I don't really contemplate anything anymore, I don't think into things; don't weigh my words before I say them. I just do. I just live. I am just. And I have Justis.  

No, really. I have him. Because at that point, his face elated and his eyes ever calculating, he leans forward and presses his lips to mine.  

And I then know that I'm in Heaven.

Comments? And maybe a vote? Tell me what you think. I need to know who thinks this is how she should end up! And If you dont like Justis....sorry!!! Just keep reading!! I promise you!