liv. FLOWERS

"(Y/N), there are flowers here for you...again." Natasha smirked, entering your office with a large bouquet of roses held in her hands. The bundle was so large and so high that you couldn't see Nat's face past it. "Lemme get those." You stood, taking the gift from her and setting it down on your office table.

"Aren't those, like, the third this week?" Natasha questioned, seating herself in the chair across from your desk. "Yeah. There's never a note or anything; I have no idea who they're from."

"Master of espionage, Natasha Romanoff is here to help." You chuckled, kicking at her leather boot clad feet. "I got one, who knows you work here?" You thought for a moment. Telling someone you work at S.H.I.E.L.D isn't exactly first date conversation.

"No-one that would send me flowers. Most of my relationships ended because I had to keep working here a secret."

"You're telling me." Natasha sat back in her chair, kicking her feet up onto your desk. "That means it's someone who works here. Oh my gosh, office romance is my favourite kind of romance." You rolled your eyes, scanning people out of the transparent exterior of the front of your office. Natasha came beside you and sat on the armrest of your chair to help.

"What about him?" Natasha pointed at the mail guy who was fumbling with a packet of envelopes before breaking the seal and dropping them all over the floor. "Doubt it, I think he has eyes for Sheri in computing."

"Wow, really? I never saw that." You shrugged, continuing to scan the residents of your floor. "What about her?" Nat pointed at a perky blonde who was greeting everyone in the building. "I'm not her type, Nat."

"You can't assume everyone is straight, (Y/N)."

'I'm not, she's aromantic and asexual." You fired back, raising your eyebrows. "Wow, I really do not know people you work with well."

"Master of espionage." You imitated, sarcastically to which she responded by whacking the back of your head. You rubbed at the area of pain, shoving Nat back with a laugh.

"I KNOW WHO IT IS!" Nat exclaimed, jumping from her position on the armrest and startling you. "What? Who?"

"Bucky." You scoffed, standing and picking up the flowers. "I'm serious. I'm sure it's him."

"Oh really, why?" You enquired as you pulled the flowers from their packaging and searched for a vase to put them in. "Think about it, (Y/N), who is the ultimate romantic, keeps trying to make small talk with you, knows you work here and has an extremely obvious crush on you."

"He does?" You spun quickly on you heel upon hearing Natasha's remark. "You didn't know that? Everyone knows that."

"Um, not me." You panicked and began pacing. "We don't know that it's him."

"So Bucky just happened to check with me that you like roses a couple of weeks ago?" You glared at Natasha, stopping your pacing and seating yourself back down in your chair. "Why didn't you tell me that to begin with?"

"Because then you wouldn't have realised that you like him back."

"Yeah, but..." Natasha smirked, realising she was right and you furrowed your eyebrows, surprised by your accidental confession of your feelings for Bucky. "Natasha Romanoff, you are good."

"Master of espionage."

-

"Bucky? Hey." You acted surprised as you entered the staff room. In actuality, you had seen Bucky making his coffee a good five minutes ago but you were too nervous to enter immediately so you hovered outside, mentally preparing your conversation with him.

"Hey (Y/N), you okay?" he smiled brightly, stepping towards you. "Yeah, I'm great, I'm good... just peachy." You immediately cringed at your nervous demeanour paired with the excessive reply. "Okay... that's good to hear?" His tone was hesitant as he stepped backwards, ready to leave just as he was about to do before you stumbled in.

You grasped his arm, almost immediately regretting it as he spun back around, looking at your hand on his arm and then at you. "What's up?" He turned back around and you quickly removed your hand. "I was just wondering," 'Think fast, think fast' you encouraged yourself. "Do you know who's been sending me flowers?"

Bucky's lips parted and he blinked rapidly but he quickly changed his expression of panic to one of confusion. "No, I don't-I don't know, why... do you not like them?" he stuttered, leaning back on the kitchen counter. "No, I love them, I just wanted to thank whoever they're from."

"Hey, guys." Steve interrupts, entering the staff room and pulling open the fridge. "Hey, Steve." you greet and he returns the kind smile. "What are you two talking about?"

"The flowers."

"So you told her they're from you, well done, Buck. I didn't think you would do it." Steve teases before patting Bucky on the back and leaving with a polished apple clenched in his hands. "So..." Bucky begins awkwardly.

"Thank you, I love them, honestly."

"I'm glad. I do home delivery too." Bucky jokes. "Yeah? What's the price?"

"A date with me." You practically swooned as Bucky smirked, back with the confidence that you had gotten used to. "That was smooth, Barnes. Like I'm gonna pass up a night of hearing more of that. You free Saturday?" Bucky nods. "Pick me up at seven."

"With flowers, of course?" Bucky adds.

"Of course." You giggle, feeling your heart throb as you exit the break room. Pushing open the door, you see Steve and Nat standing with their backs against the wall, trying to act casual. "You were listening, weren't you?"

"Who do you think told Steve to out Bucky like that?"

"Nat!"