Who was "them"? Could it Ayano? And who was the one who called Osano? A thought passes him that maybe it was the man in his dreams, but he wants to shove that away. It couldn't, he keeps telling himself.

After a couple minutes after Taro came back, so did Osano, with a stressed-out look on his face. His Kohai stands up when she sees him, and walks quickly over to him.

She puts a hand on his shoulder.

He should've killed him when he got the chance.

"Everything okay, Osa?"

Osano puts on his usual face. "Of course everything's okay! Why wouldn't I be okay? Idiot!"

Ayano's face darkens and she frowns a little. Osano must have noticed because his face softens and looks panicky.

And that frown makes Taro want to stab Osano thirty-seven times in the chest, cut him up, and feed him to the dogs. But he couldn't. Feeding him to the dogs would not be good for their diet. That would just be cruel.

And then before Osano can say anything, Ayano pulls Osano into a hug. He sees his Kohai whisper something he couldn't make out, but the whisper from Osano he hears.

"Thank you, Aya."

They stay like that for a couple minutes, like they were afraid of letting each other go. Like if they did let each other go, they would die. And they held on tighter.

Some students in the plaza turn their faces to look at them, but only for a few seconds. But he hears all the murmurs and whispers, from all the social butterflies to the loners, there were whispering and murmuring everywhere. But it seemed that the pair hugging in public could not hear or see anything. Not now, not in this moment. Not in their moment.

"Are they a couple now?"

"I thought they were just friends."

"Ha! I knew they'd end up together eventually!"

And those whispers, those whispers make him furious. He clenches his fists.

So

furious,

so mad,

he wouldn't care if the entire population, human or not, had to die and suffer, just so he can be with his Kohai.

No one

will get

in his way.

And if someone does?

Ha, he chuckles to himself, a trace of a smirk, his eyes burning with fire. They'll be the ones sorry.

***

????

It's an interesting thing, being in love. How you would always want to protect them, to always be with them. Yet they don't even know your name or remember it. But you're still in love with them, and they don't even know it. They don't know anything. They don't.

And yet you're still falling for them.

Bit,

by bit.

Little,

by little.

Or all at once.

You never know.

You never, ever, know.

***