Chapter 4

Bomb In A Birdcage

Chapter 4

**TRIGGER WARNING**

Zayn’s face spoke different emotion as he stood over the table staring at the two boys who sat with wide eyes. Louis face was mixed with fright and frustration. Harry was confused, worried from Louis’ emotions, and nervous because it seems like Zayn is Louis’ parent making Harry feel like he’s meeting the parents.

            “Hi Zaynie, when di-“

            “Louis darling, why don’t you go order some food and maybe a cuppa for me yeah?” Louis nodded his head getting up, grabbing Zayn’s wallet, and walked to the counter almost scared for the conversation Zayn is about to have with Harry. Definitely meet the parents’ time. Perrie is definitely the cool laid back parent, definitely. Zayn is the protective, worried some mother.

            “Harry Styles I’ve heard about you.” Zayn spoke with no emotion, like an robot almost. Harry shrugged a ‘what did you expect’ shrug.

            “Not good things by the tone of your voice.” Zayn nodded confirming Harry’s rhetorical question. “You shouldn’t believe what you hear ya’ know.” Zayn shrugged the ‘I actually don’t give a two shits’ shrug crossing his arms over his chest. A person caught his attention behind Harry.  A young girl hung off Louis like a toy. The problem was the way he let her not bothering to move. He stood up ignoring the weird look Harry gave him.

            “Excuse me miss, can- Perrie!” The purple haired girl spun around when she heard her boyfriends voice excited to see him. Louis smirked at Zayn almost knowing exactly what he was going to say. He let the couple hug out, while he took Zayn’s stuff to the table. He sat next to Harry again.

            “He didn’t say anything to you mean did he? I told him he needed to be nicer, smile a bit more.” Harry giggled loving Louis’ innocence. The blush ran up Louis’ neck getting the tip of ears.

            “He didn’t say much, I think he saw Perrie hanging off you and got worried.” Louis nodded understanding Harry’s wild guess. He bit a piece of Zayn’s cookie off splitting it with Harry. The green-eyed boy took it letting his large hands capture Louis’ small ones. Louis looked up the moment their hands touch as if a spark ran through his body to Harry’s and back again. Blue eyes meet green. A loud screeching noise broke apart their loving stares when Zayn angrily sat down crossing his arms. Perrie smacked his arm knowing that was what he wanted with Harry.

            “So Harry, what do you do for a living?” Zayn said emotionless once again. Louis frowned looking at Zayn sadly. Zayn knows how much Louis hates angry people, how someone just couldn’t care anymore. Zayn catches Louis’ frown from the corner of his eye deciding to address it later.

            “Well actually m’at the same uni as B-Lou. M’studying to be in the music business.” Zayn huffed at Harry’s answer crossing his arms over his chest.

            “Zayn, didn’t you want to see my phone or something?” Louis intervenes the questioning passing his new Iphone to the pouting boy.  Zayn takes it going straight to the phone finder app putting his information into the app. It takes a few minutes before the app picks up Louis’ signal from Zayn’s phone giving reassurance to Zayn. He smirks giving the phone back to Louis. Perrie gives Zayn a knowing look saying ‘they’ll talk later’.

            “Ready to go Lou?” Perrie asked picking up her stuff not actually waiting for a reply. Zayn gets up to join his long time girlfriend grabbing his stuff. They both give Louis a looking that a parent gives their child when they want them to do something right then and now. Louis gives an apologetic smile to the curly haired boy mentally reminding himself to see if Harry wanted to hang out later. The boys wave bye to each other not noticing the lingering hope and lust in each other’s eyes. Zayn grips his hand around Louis’ bicep pulling him along gently. Louis sighed following relentlessly behind the two lovers.