Chapter 5

Bomb In A Birdcage

Chapter 5

Zayn’s house always seemed chilled to Louis. A constant cool air flowed throughout the house causing Louis to double up in sweats and shirts. The fuzzy socks he constantly wore were getting worn down to a nice thin layer not near as fluffy as they were when he first got them. Zayn loved a nice cool house not being able to stand having the temperature above 75 degrees. Louis wrapped his arms around his stomach as he walked into Zayn’s house. He ribs seemed to force a sharp pain up his side to his shoulder whenever he seemed to breathe. Harry careful walked Louis to the house gently holding the boy’s small of the back with his large hands. Louis walked right on through the door making his way to the living room. A pacing Zayn made holes into the carpet as a messily dressed Perrie sat on the couch near the dozing level of sleep.

“Hi.” Louis’ soft voice broke Zayn’s pacing and caught the attention of a sleepily Perrie. Zayn ran around the couch holding Louis by the shoulders taking a good look at him. Harry backed a few steps away letting Zayn and Perrie have their moment with Louis.

“Louis, you’re so- my gosh Lou.” Perrie broke into tears clinging to Louis softly. Louis let his none bruised arm comfort Perrie. “You’re so broken, my poor baby!” She sobbed grabbing his t-shirt. Louis felt slightly uncomfortable about being worried over, not liking the attention on him anymore.

“Oh babes, I’m so sorry, so so sorry, s’all my fault. My poor Lou, Pez he’s all broken and bruised.” Zayn declared letting his fingers gently trace the outline of the man’s fingerprints on his arm. Louis flinched from the bruising already happening making Zayn gulp with guilt. Zayn let Perrie clutch to Louis, almost certain knowing she wouldn’t let him leave alone ever again. Zayn pointed at Harry then outside indicating for him to talk to him outside. Harry followed Zayn’s command meeting the quiffed haired boy out on the porch.

“I just wanted to say thank you Harry. S’doesn’t mean you can go around trying to date Louis. M’the annoying older, protective brother. S’got to get through me if ya want to get to him.” Zayn told the lanky boy. Harry nodded understanding were the protective boy was coming from.

“Jus’ glad I got to him in time.” Zayn nodded frantically almost afraid to ask Harry what happened.

“So what- erm happened exactly?” Zayn asked wearily. Harry grimaced running his hands over him face with frustration. 

“Oh fuck it was so bad. The man threw him down like trash; gripping his arm so hard I could hear the bone crunch from that far away. The man grabbed hi h-head and forced it to h-his dick while L-louis tried getting away. I only assume he had to do more before I intervened. Wanted to kill that sickening man so bad.” Zayn’s fist clinched tightly into a bar breaking the first layer of skin on his hand. It was like he actually cared about himself. He let Louis get hurt, and couldn’t save him. He eyebrows were furred inwards with anger and his eyes turned black with revenge.

“M’gonna kill the son of a bitch, won’t live to see another day. He would rather be dead then mess with Louis.” Harry sighed catching Zayn’s attention. “What? You don’t want the bastard to die like he deserves?”

“S’not that I don’t want that to happen cause I do. Louis wouldn’t though, s’to nice for that kind of violence. I want to keep him happy.” Zayn looked at Harry with curiosity wondering how he could’ve figured something like that out when only knowing Louis for a week or so. Pushing the thoughts to the side, Zayn nodded letting his hands run over his face with frustration. They both walk backing the house sitting where Louis was seated on the couch.

“Hazza? Will you come n’cuddle with me?” Louis asjed politely almost afraid of the answer he was about to receive. Harry nodded almost frantically scooting over into the boy’s side. Harry slung his arm over the back of the couch that happened to be near Louis’ neck. Zayn practically growled as Louis cuddled into Harry’s side as if he fit like a puzzle piece.