Chapter 7, Annabeth

Annabeth Chase

Annabeth clutched her stomach. She was sure her ribs were broken. She gasped for air, but her attempts were feeble.

Tears streamed down her face, but she didn't have enough strength to wipe them away.

She struggled to stand up, but failed, and ended up screaming in pain.

Her breath hitched as she heard someone come up the stairs. She prayed he wouldn't come into her room.

Her prayer was not answered.

Her dad barged into the room, eyes red, messy hair, and a drunk pose.

"You idiot", he slurred, alcohol evident in his breath.

Annabeth whimpered, more tears already threatening to spill.

Her father sneered.

"Your worthless", he whispered before kicking her on her head. She felt something liquid pour down her body, and she was 99% sure it was blood.

Fredrick Chase gave his daughter kicks after kicks, and then settles on punching her on the face.

About an hour or so, he stopped, not wanting to actually kill Annabeth.

But before he left, he made sure to step on her leg -after hearing a sickening crack a second later- and evacuated the scene.

Annabeth had to hold her neck to stop herself from screaming.

He felt like she was choking herself, but it was the only way for her not to scream.

Silent tears rolled down her face.

What did she do to deserve this?

The question entered Annabeths mind, but she quickly dismissed it.

She would hate for this to happen to someone else. Someone innocent who did nothing to deserve any form of torture.

She silently whimpered as she tried to get up, and slowly layed her head on her bed.

Sorry it's short. I'm really busy.