"Hai-chan!" Satsuki says at what is probably top volume. "You can't do that anymore! You're in high school now!" I stare at her in surprise.

"What did I do?" I ask with confusion, hesitating as I open the door and get a faceful of frigid air.

"You can't just call people by their first names, Hai-chan!" I blink in surprise.

"But I call you and Daiki and the others by your first names." I reply with further hesitation. "It's normal to do that."

"We've been over this, Hai-chan." Satsuki says with a long-suffering sigh. "It might be normal at home for you, but here it's really personal! Plus the others and I are closer to you, so it's okay with them, but you still aren't particularly close with-"

"Satsuki, let me tell you something. Imayoshi took me to a doctor. Wakamatsu's carried me several times. Sakurai filled out my medical history form completely on his own. I can't think of many things more personal than that." I reply. "If they tell me they're uncomfortable with me calling them on a first-name basis, then I'll stop. Frankly, I don't particularly like the name 'Hai', but I use it because for some reason 'Heights' is ridiculously difficult for Japanese speakers. I don't even dream of anyone besides Daiki and Seijuurou calling me Alex."

"So, what did Alex do this time?" Daiki says as he enters the gym, a bored expression on his face as he leans against the doorframe.

"Aomine-kun!" Satsuki says urgently. "Hai-chan's going back to calling people by their first names again!" Daiki raises an eyebrow at me before shrugging.

"Okay." He replies. "So?" Satsuki nearly face-faults. I shift from foot to foot.

"I'm gonna be laaaate, Satsuki. Or would you prefer Momoi?" Satsuki gives me a rough sigh.

"Fine, fine. Go ahead and leave." I don't waste another minute before brushing past Daiki and telling him I'll probably get home a little late and then taking off. My phone buzzes awkwardly in my hand. Yo, you ready? You don't have to do it if you don't want to. -Kagami

I said I wanted to, didn't I? I can't back out now. -Hai The streets pass in a dizzying blur as I make my way through the usual throngs of people toward Maiji Burger, my so-called meeting spot. Sorry if I'm late. Satsuki yelled at me for calling someone by their first name. -Hai

You call people by their first name? -Kagami I narrowly dodge being run over by several groups of teenagers.

I suppose that now's not a good time to tell you I do, and that I pretty much call you Taiga in my head. -Hai I finally find myself under the giant Maiji Burger sigh, a little ways away from the door, as Kagami jogs toward me. "So you're sure?" He asks, tilting his head. I nod several times.

"As long as you don't push me in again." I say half-jokingly. Kagami offers me a grin.

"Sure. I won't push you in this time." He replies fluidly as I start walking to cut down on the distance a little more. "We're going to the same place." I nod a few times, stepping beside him and walking to match his pace. The walk to the pool is a silent one, where my stomach flutters anxiously and my palms begin to sweat.

The inside of the building is better lit this time around, and while I can just barely recognize the kanji on the door, I can't seem to pronounce it correctly. "In we go." Kagami says, pushing me through the door once I start to balk. I keep my mouth clamped shut so I don't say anything I'd otherwise regret, but I don't manage to keep myself moving forward. I stumble into the awaiting room. "Right." Kagami says, crossing his arms and staring at the intimidating pool of water. "You got a bathing suit on under that, or do you need to go change?" I glance away.