"Yo, Alex!" Daiki says as he enters the classroom. "I dropped by your place and there was a weird cologne or something. You trying a new perfume or something?" I frown slightly.

"No." My eyes widen with realization. "Actually, Kagami was over for a bit when you were gone. It might've been his." Daiki frowns slightly.

"That dimwit was in ou- your apartment?" I do catch Daiki's rapid amendment.

"Just for a little while. I fell into a pool and he just walked home with me and made sure everything was okay." I feel kind of bad for twisting the truth, but one night doesn't mean anything. We both fell asleep in the living room, I woke up first, and Kagami was out the door by noon.

"You fell into a pool?" Daiki's eyes are wide, shocked, maybe even a little mortified. "What happened?" I try to think of a way to smudge the truth without lying.

"It was an accident. Someone bumped into me and there was a pool and water and I just sort of fell in." I reply.

"Bumped into you, or pushed you in?" Daiki asks, his eyes narrowed as he leans against my desk. I try my best not to shift awkwardly. I don't like to lie.

"They literally just ran into me, okay?" I answer a little too snappily. "It's done with, anyway. I got pulled out of the pool and everything's fine now." Water rushing over me. Bubbles brushing my face. I can't see. Daiki leans in a little too close and stares at me intensely. The blue of his eyes seems darker than usual today. Dark, and deep, and searching for answers I'm not giving.

"You need to learn to swim." Daiki says, standing and stretching before he takes his seat behind me. "Unless you enjoy having near-death experiences." I fidget in my seat before stretching out my legs before me.

"Yeah, I'm working on it." I say cheerlessly.

"So what's with the paper?" He asks, leaning forward to peer over my shoulder at it. "Softball? You're playing that again?" I nod.

"Yeah. It's not like I'm dropping basketball or anything. I'm just going to do both." I reply. "Besides, the coach seems nice and I heard the players all have good attitudes, so what's to lose?" Daiki pulls a face.

"Ugh, that means one of us has to make sure you don't get yourself killed, like you almost did last year." He groans, leaning back once more as I turn in my seat to face him. I hide my irked expression.

"I'm more than capable of taking care of myself, Daiki. Nobody has to worry about it. A few bruises won't kill me, ya know. I'm not an amateur." I reply coolly, my eyes narrowed. Daiki gives me a most dubious glance before shrugging.

"Whatever. Do what you like." He replies. I hide an amused glance.

"I would have done it regardless of your opinion, you know." Blue eyes regard me with a calculating gaze.

"Yeah. I know." I wonder if Kagami is actually willing to teach me?

Basketball activities pass in their usual blur. "Nice work today." I call as I head toward the gym doors.

"Hai-chan, you aren't changing clothes?" Satsuki asks as I shoulder my bag and tighten my shoes. I shake my head.

"Nah, I promised someone I'd help 'em out. Changing into a cute lil' skirt and blouse ain't gonna cut it for what I gotta do. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I'm about to bounce out when Imayoshi calls my name. I look to him in response.

"You and I need to talk after practice tomorrow, got it?" He calls, adjusting his glasses. I nod.

"Sure thing, Shouichi!" I reply. "I gotta bounce-"