December 26, 2012

Turns out I got my hopes high. I was expecting some survivor to fill me in on the town I was in, only to find out that I accidentally left the window open, causing the waving curtain to knock down a nearby pot. *sigh* Oh how I wish I wasn't alone in this world. Anyway, I didn't sleep at all last night... I don't know why, though, but somehow I feel like I'm being watched. It's probably just me. Well, time for Brea-- hold that thought.

Turns out there are survivors. It must've been me, but I could've sworn I seen this girl running off with my bag. I decided to follow this person until I met her inside one of the other buildings. She wasn't infected with some unknown disease, but she appeared to be ill. Being the good guy, I decided to take this girl under my wing until she felt better. Parden me for a bit. She wants some bacon. Again.

It feels nice to take care of someone other than a few bratty cousins. She seems pretty nice, though if there are other survivors, she must be trying to go gaga for me just to steal my food. I won't fall for it, but it feels nice to take care of her. At least it makes me happy that I really wasn't alone after all. Well, I hate to turn this notebook into a baby journal, but... I'm going to check to see if she's alright.

She says she's doing fine, but whenever i see her, I can see otherwise. My mind maybe playing tricks on me, but the only way I can tell is if she kissed me this very second! .......... Nothing. So she's real. All jokes aside, I decided she could join me for lunch. We'll sit next to each... I'm only taking care of her! I'm not going to be this boyfriend-to-be! We're just going to sit and-- Parden me.

I swear! We had a nice chat, though she couldn't laugh in her condition. I think that, if we somehow make it through to a perfect place, we'd probably be best of friends, but girls tend to not like the "hood-over-the-face" sort of look, but she seems nice. Her hair was blonde and I think her eyes were a gray-ish green. I would say it was like looking in a mirror, but she didn't look even close to me. Anyway, I think I hear her calling my name again.

Turns out we both shared similar views: we both struggled for food and we both thought that we were the only ones left on the earth. It's quite interesting, thinking that. From what she told me, her parents died scavenging for food on the 21st and she was left to look over the appartment until she got some illness. That was when she seen me walking into the city. She asked me about where I came from and who I was, but I declined. Any sort of thing relating to back then I decided to lock away from memory. I didn't want to let the past interfear with me any longer. After that, she just turned around and went to bed. I suppose I better do the same... after I have some supper.

So ends another day in this city. I've found a survivor that appears to be fond of me, though I wouldn't assume so quickly about that. Anyway, it's time I write the prayer down in here.

Dear God, thank you for a nice day. I'm glad I found a survivor in this city and even more-so that she has suffered the same situation that I have. I only hope that we can be good friends after we find the perfect spot. So, in your name, Amen.