grim events and grimmauld place.

Start from the beginning

The potions master opted not to divulge into his past with Lily just yet. While Haley already knew, he simply wasn't prepared to share that part of his life with Harry. The boy was only aware he and his mother had once been somewhat close for a time, but eventually cut off their friendship for a reason he knew not.

"We all make regretful choices," Haley reasoned. "You know that."

"Can we stay with Sirius this summer?" he turned to his sister. "We can put the wards up at his place," he pleaded.

She looked to her father sadly, realizing that it would take time for Harry to accept the fact that Severus had once been a deatheater. He failed to take the news as well as she had.

"I suppose..." she replied, unsure if it was a good idea.

"Great," Harry had taken her uncertainty as a yes. "I'll floo him now."

He got up from his place at the dining table and rushed towards the living room's fireplace.

"I'm sorry dad," Haley apologized, feeling terrible. "I just think that if we give him some space...it could help him move past this faster," she voiced her opinion. "And you know I wouldn't join him if it weren't required of me to be with him each break."

"Do not feel badly for me, child. I understand," he told her, his voice sounding tired. "Spend a month with Black if you must," Severus set the rules in place, unwilling to be away from his daughter and ward for any longer than that. In truth, he looked at Harry as more than just his ward; hence the guilt he felt for breaking the boy's trust...that and not being able to save him on time.

"Sirius says Remus will wait for us at the platform," Harry reentered the dining room. "He'll take us to Grimmauld from there."

"Okay," Haley nodded, wishing that his godfather could meet them himself, but knowing that it wasn't possible.

"Right..." he felt uncomfortable being around Severus now, "I'm going to find Ron and Hermione," Harry let her know, thereafter taking off again.

"Everything is about to change, isn't it?" Haley asked her father.

"Yes," he bluntly replied, wishing it weren't true.

...

"I invited Luna over to the Burrow for the last week of summer holidays," Harry informed Ron as they sat across from one another in a compartment within the Hogwarts Express. "Is that alright?"

"Of course," his best mate reassured him. "I invited Hermione as well."

"You're kidding?" Harry couldn't believe it.

Ron's face turned a light shade of red, "I just figured...seeing as she's our friend and all...and she spent a few days with us last time," he shrugged, acting as if it were no big deal.

"Mind if we join you?" Haley asked, Cedric and Maggie behind her.

"Not at all," Harry smiled as Ron appeared all too pleased by the diversion.

"Where's Rye?" he inquired as she typically had both blondes at her side as opposed to just one.

"Sitting with her brother," she enlightened him, taking a seat beside Cedric whom had chosen to sit by Ron. Maggie took the previously empty spot next to Harry.

He made a face at that, not having ever got on with 'the ferret' as he called him. Haley merely rolled her eyes.

"You really should try and get to know him," she suggested. "He's not the prat you think he is."

Everyone in the compartment gave her a look.

"Well, not that big of a prat, at least," Haley put in after rethinking it.