Chapter 8

Sam's POV

I felt so pathetic and weak. I can't even call for help for my friend.

I just stood there as she tried to take on my assailant.

I knew I needed to do something. I opened my mouth but no voice came out. I tried to move but my body won't bulged. I froze! And for the second time today... I felt something... I felt scared.

I don't fear for myself. I got no one. Since my parents died, I was alone. Even my so-called friends gave up on me. In the blink of an eye... they were gone.

I knew my aunt was there for me but it was different. I knew she cared for me but at the end of the day... I'm still alone.

I saw it all. I saw how Jill took on those thugs one by one. I felt ease as I saw that she got the upper hand. She must be smaller but she was faster and smarter.

However, those slimy bastards weren't alone. I was terrified as I saw a fourth man sneaked from behind her. Again... I tried to warn her but it was futile. I was shocked in horror as the fourth man gave her a sucker punch as just she was about to turn around.

The surprise attack plus the turning motion will surely make a great impact. I was correct on my theory as Jill fell down instantly. I believed she also loss consciousness! Oh my god! I have to do something!

Those thugs wasn't satisfied! Jill's already blacked out but they still kept on kicking her.

"Serve's you right bitch! And later I'm gonna ravish you!"

Please! Please! Stop! I shouted through my brain but I knew that they won't hear me.

I took a deep breath and forced my body to move.

Move feet! Damn it! Move!

Seeing Jill lying motionless to the ground, still being stormed by kicks. My brain went into overdrive. Finally! My body moved! It must be the adrenaline kicking in. I ran towards the men and covered Jill using my body.

I felt a great pain in my rib cage when one of the men kicked me. The other's must have stopped as they me cover Jill with my body. I wanted to tell then to stop... that they can do anything for me... just leave Jill alone. But I can't.

"What the hell!"

One of them then kneeled down and pulled my hair. "Trying to be a savior of your savior eh!" I winced in pain as he pulled my hair harder. I smelled his disgusting breath but I didn't bulge. i needed to protect her at all cost! ,Then he looked me in the eyes. "Such an intense gaze. I wonder if you can hold on to that when I'm done with you." He placed his disgusting palm on my cheeks... caressing them. Eewww I felt like vomiting but I need to hold the fort. At this moment I couldn't careless what they do to me as long as Jill was safe.

I wonder... when did I start caring again...

"Let's go men! Drag her and I'll carry this one! We'll have a feast!"

Just as the thug was about to drag me by pulling my hair, I heard voices from a far.

"Get away from them!"

His voice was familiar. But because it's just my first day here, I can't quite remember whom.

"I said get away from them you assholes!" I then turned around and saw two men approaching our direction. It was Jack at Pete! Jack, Jill's twin was holding baseball bat and Pete's holding a hockey stick. Not far from them was Nica and Mia.

"Shit!" One of the thugs said.

"Let's scram!" The other one ordered and they ran in the opposite direction.

At that moment, I released the breath that I didn't know that I was holding. I fell on my knees and hugged Jill's unconscious body.

When the cavalry reached us, unfortunately the thugs were gone. "Sam! Are you ok?" Jack asked. Of course I'm not okay! Jill had been beaten and who knows what those thugs might have done if they hadn't came. But I just nodded my head yes.

"She's unconscious! Quick! Let's bring her to the hospital!" Jack then carried Jill without effort. "Nica! Start your car!" He ordered as we all ran towards the car. "Mia! Pete! Follow us in the hospital! Sam needs to be checked too so I'm bringing her. I'll call mom on the way." Impressive! Instead of panicking, Jack kept calm and handled the situation very well.

Nica had already started the car when we reached her. Jack motioned me to sit in the back and he carefully laid Jill into my lap. He then sat at the passenger seat. "Go! Go! Go!"

I then held onto Jill as Nica sped up. I hoped and for the first time in years prayed for Jill's safety. I was caressing her head when I felt warm liquid on my palm. It was then that I saw blood.