Chapter 1: Home is Where the Heart is

*20 Years Later*
(September 4, 2017)
(10:23 P.M.)
(Attwater, Louisiana)
(Location: Swan Song Waters/The Windemear Mansion)

Loud music emits from atop a a fairly steep hill. This hill stands its ground in the middle of a clearing in the Whispering Woods. Oak trees surround the hill like a wall. Sitting on top of the hill that once stood empty twenty years ago, is a mansion. The mansion's lights are on and illuminate the hill like a lighthouse by the ocean. However, Attwater is unaccustomed to those type of waters and instead enjoys the fine luxury of the "rich" waters of Swan Song Lake.. At the docks of Swan Song Waters, it is quiet and peaceful. Exactly like 20 years ago, it seems the only sound being made is a frog's croak when...

*SPLASH!*

The body of young 16 year old Claire Bellami plunges into the cold lake waters. She screams underwater. The girl flails around in the water; her limbs push against the friction underwater. Claire rises to the surface as she shivers, soaked. Glaring at a group of three teenage boys, they laugh in hysterics, besides the one in the middle. Claire growls at the two other boys.

The Two Boys: "That was quite the cannonball."

Claire: "SO NOT FUNNY GUYS!"

The middle of the bunch, AJ Kappa, sporting a red and white jacket and orange-brown hair, offers her a brown towel from the dock above as he chuckles.

AJ: "Hey, you agreed to do the dare."

Claire scoffs as she swims back to the wooden dock.

Claire: "Okay, first of all-"

Eventually making her way back on land, she stomps her way towards the bunch of boys. Claire snatches the towel from AJ's hands. She wiggles her index finger at the trio and stammers.

Claire: "I said no!"

She dries herself off, from head to toe, as she bickers with the boys.

Claire: "And second off... your little friends over there tossed me in!"

Claire gestures to the boys surrounding AJ as she rolls her eyes. The two boys continue to laugh.

Claire: "Bunch of douchebags.... You're dead to me, just a reminder. Vanessa will be hearing about this."

AJ is taken aback by Claire's remark. The two boys standing next to him seem to stop their ridiculing after Claire sneers at them. The "ooh" in harmony, grinning.

AJ: "Woah, chill."

AJ chuckles lightly. Although, he grits his teeth as he cautions her.

AJ: "Careful what you say tonight. That's all I'm saying."

Claire puts her hands on her hips in a sassy manner. She also raises her eyebrows.

Claire: "And why should I take advice from an entitled douchebag like you?"

AJ clearly seems offended by this, as the hurt is expressed through his face. However, he pretends to care less about Claire's statement and raises his eyebrows.

AJ: "Or you could be a permanent resident at the bottom of that lake. Haven't you heard of the Attwater Massacre?"

Claire crosses her arms in frustration as she scoffs. AJ raises his eyebrows in concern.

AJ: "I mean, you have lived in Attwater your whole life, right?"

Claire seems stumped, craving for a way to retaliate.
Claire: "Yeah, I have. You actually believe in those silly old town tales?"