1

【Seulgi's POV】

Being a college student is hard. But trying to keep a huge secret that your life depends on is even harder. What could that possibly you ask? I'm a child of a murderer? A criminal? A rapist? A drug dealer? Mafia boss? No. None of them. I'm a witch. Yes, a witch. Yes, we still exist but we're just lowkey. Very, very, very  lowkey.

I was currently in the middle of a lecture when I heard my name being called. I quickly snapped out of my day dream and turned to the front, where the Professor was standing. Everyone's eyes were planted on me and I felt uneasy.

"Do you know what the answer is?" he asked. Shit. I wasn't paying attention at all.

"Well-" I was about to blurt out something I guessed when a loud buzz was heard, signalling the end of the lecture. The Professor dropped his arms to his sides. Everyone was lowkey packing up their bags to leave, only on his account.

"Dismissed." he finally said and a wave of students got up and left. I packed up my stuff and headed out through the door behind me. Hopefully, he doesn't ask me the question again during the next lecture.. In two days.. I continued to head out the building when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see one of my best friends and roommate, Wendy, smiling right at me.

 I turned to see one of my best friends and roommate, Wendy, smiling right at me

I couldn't help but smile when I saw her. She giggled and hung her arm around my shoulder while we both walked out of the building and to our group's hangout place which was on the slight hill on campus, under a tree.

"Still zoning out in the middle of lectures?" she said as I dropped my satchel down. She dropped hers beside mine and sat down, pulling her knees to her chest and hugging them. I sighed and plopped down, leaning against the tree.

"I can't help it.." I replied as I pulled out a snack packet out of my satchel. "It's just a bad habbit."

"Can tell," she chuckled while pulling out a bag of takeout from hers. "You've always been doing that. Even at home." She wasn't wrong. I have a tendency of spacing out and daydreaming. It's pretty normal, every human being does it. But, I zone out almost every second of the day. Like right now for example. Wendy was probably waving her hand in front of my face, but I don't really know.

I heard a faint sound. It sounded like someone was calling my name. The sound grew louder and louder until I could hear if clearly and loudly in my left ear. I blinked a couple times, officially snapped back to reality. I turned my head towards the sound to see Wendy with a concerned look on her face. She stopped waving her hand and dropped it, landing in her lap.

"You zoned out in the middle of the story." She said, pouting. I giggled and patted her shoulder, apologizing.

"I'm sorry, Wendy," I replied. "What were you talking about?"

"The new girl in my class."

"New girl?"

"Well," she started. "She's not new to the college or the subject, but the class. For some reason, she and another student swapped lecture times."

"Oh?" She then nodded. "What's her name?"

"At first, I didn't know until I overheard two friends of hers called her over to them." she answered. "They call her Krystal."